Review by Flyfast

"Horrible game based on bad movie"

I bought this game a few days before I watched the movie. I blame myself because I should have known better. The movie was too dark to see anything and I could not find any plot to it at all. But this is a review of the game so I will shut up about the movie now.

Controls: 7/10
There is nothing wrong with the controls. Press L and R to look around, press them both to lock-on. There is not much problems with the controls because, to put it frankly there is not much you can do in the game. But the real problem that annoyed me was that there was no jump key. I have yet to be in a good game with no jump. The only time you can jump is when it tells you to jump.

In this game you can play as the predator and only the predator. The game is called Alien vs Predator but there is nothing you can do for the aliens. Another problem is that there is no fighting style or combos. All you have to do is hack and slash. Just mash the buttons to kill everything in sight. There is a helicopter as the final boss in the last level but he is so weak that you do not even feel challenged. In fact, there was not even once when I felt challenged playing this game. All you have to do when you have low health is to heal, which gives you full health for your energy. Your energy recharges fast so it will come back in about 3-5 seconds. It is really impossible to lose in this game.

I really hate to give zeros, but this game deserves it. There is absolutely no story here. I hate to say it but there is no story in the movie either. All you get are a few lines intro and you just kill everything in sight.

Replayability: 0/10
There is nothing you can unlock besides the weapons, which you will probably get more than enough points to do so in your first run through. There is nothing to do after you finish. There is a ad-hoc multiplayer but that is just 5 minutes of mindless killing.

I like Aliens and I like Predators. I played the PC version over and over again. But this game is just a waste of time. It will probably be forgotten soon.

Reviewer's Score: 2/10 | Originally Posted: 01/15/08

Game Release: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (US, 11/13/07)