Review by loocsinhoj

"It's time to prove yourself, wannabe managers!"

The sequel to FMH07 is here. I bought my copy for £20 3 days ago, and I'm already into my 3rd season. I have been playing it for a lot of the day, and I still haven't used all of the features yet.

So, the main point of the game is to pick a team, manage it, then try and get promoted to the next league or win a trophy. Probably the most fun thing to do would be to pick a team in the bottom league (there are 4) and try and get them to the top. That's what I have done. However, I am unsuccessful.

The game-play of this game is good. It takes a bit of time to figure out everything, but once you know, it sticks in your mind. Sometimes, the instruction booklet tells you how to do something, but then you go to the game, and there is no option to do that, so it can be a little annoying. Every month you get a report on how the chairman thinks you are doing, and what he expects of the team this season. It will start out with little things like achieve the top 15 in the league, but as you progress, they will get harder. The game is about average difficulty, and I find it fun to play. You can have many save files, so you can manage a lot of teams at once.

There isn't much to talk about in graphics and sound. There aren't any video clips of your team playing, or any pictures of players. The menus look quite good, with an option of 2 skins. The only sound you will ever hear in this game is a small clicking noise when you move up and down on a menu, or select something. There is absolutely no music, probably to save time and money. Even the disc doesn't make a spinning noise that you get with normal PSP games.

This game goes on forever, and you will always have something to do with it. Yes, it will get repetitive if you join a team that is already excellent, as you will win the league 9 times out of 10, but you can apply for other jobs, and ask to manage your country if you want. Also, it's always the same screen when the matches are being played, so this is slightly boring. However, you can select a number of different statistics, and tactics.

Graphics/Sound: 7/10
Replayability: 9/10

Finally, this game is very fun and I am going to be playing it for a very long time. Only 20 UK pounds!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/18/07

Game Release: Football Manager Handheld 2008 (EU, 11/30/07)