Question from bluedog00

How do I beat the Tigrex in the Urgent Quest at the Guild?

I have tried killing him 4 times and haven't been able to do it. I go in with multiple shock traps, mega potions, potions, etc, but I still can't beat him. My equipment is this: Devil Slicer (LS), Basarios Helm, Basarios Mail, Basarios Vambraces, Basarios Tasset, Basarios Greaves. Also, all of my armor is level 12 or above. Any ideas?

bluedog00 provided additional details:

OK, thanks guys. I actually went and beat him about 2 hours after I wrote this. Ended up spamming him with flash bombs which made him significantly weaker, then finished him off by laying shock traps. Was able to beat him in under 30 mins without much difficulty (think I fainted once because he knocked me over and cornered me).

Answers

a_d_123 answered:

Get a better armour and/or use the thunder bane sns
Weapon path: Hunters Dagger ~ Hunters Dagger + ~ Assasins Dagger ~ Thunerbane ~ Frightbane ~ Kirin Bolt Indora
0 0

a_d_123 answered:

I used Khezu armour and thunderbane in 1 round and now have slayed over 100 of them
0 0

chaotic_tidus88 answered:

Or like a_d_123 use Khezu armor and Khezu Shock Sword (GS) when he wants to pummel you with rush attack get behind and before he faces you charge up the GS and do it a couple of times then that tigrex dies
0 0

minato9981 answered:

The weapon and armor i used was
HELM:death stench brain
PLATE:guardianpritraiment
GAUNTLETS:death stench grip
WAIST:black spine
LEGGINGS:Black feat

Equipment:
mega potion(10)
potion(10)
herb(10)
shock trap(3 take trap material with you)
Flash bomb(1)
power juice(4)
well-done-steak(3)
paintball(2)incase u miss the other ones
armor seed(2)
power seed(2)
armorcharm
powercharm

oh and my weapon was :
devil slicer(but once u kill him try to get tigrex tooth)
0 0