Question from Koyasu_Inage

Question about "Unlocking" Weapons and Armor?

I'm a MHFU beginner and don't know to much about the game and sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find anything on it:

I noticed recently that I can create more weapons/armor than my friend can and we're both the same HR. I however, have completed more quests and have did more of the Elder's Quests.

There is also some armor in the Training School that I can't create right now.

It seems that you have to unlock weapons/armor by doing certain things to be able to see them in the list of creatable weapons/armor?

How exactly do you get more weapons/armor to become available?
Thanks in advance!

DemiKazuo answered:

Armors and Weapons are unlocked once you obtain one of the, what I refer to as, main ingredients. For example, the Ceanatuar Armor set will be available for creation once you have a Ceanataur Shell which is one of the ingredients needed to make each piece of the armor. However, even though for some parts of the armor it requires Machalite Ore, just having Machalite Ore before you have at least 1 Ceanataur Shell will not unlock the armor in the shop.

Long Story shortened: Obtain one of main components of an armor set = armor unlocked in shop.
1 0