Question from kingdavidm

How to speed up?

I am currently fighting the black diablos, and although he rarely hits me(I have gunlance, and i breezed through the original diablos with no probs first time without a ko), I keep running out of time. My method, same as with normal diablos, is
10 mins clearing the areas i will use- kill all the anoying paralysis lizards
40 mins- beating the crap out of the black diables, using the wall charging trick, five nukes (bigbomb+) and as many wyvern fires, shells and attacks as i can reasonably get in without getting kod.
Any help? Im close to throwing my psp down in frustration

kingdavidm provided additional details:

But all I have is a gunlance! Since i started, i tried then sold every other starting weapon and stuck with this. All my amout has guard+ and i have absolutely no practice with any other weapon. Is there any other way that does not require a redo of my whole playing strategy? and if not, how steep is the LS learning curve? Any easy to make LS ideas?

HidariFFXI answered:

As a fellow Gunlance user, I understand your frustration. The best way, I've found, is to use your surroundings to your advantage. Position yourself so that the monsters work for you, and not against you. Don't bother with the Genprey--let Diablos kill them for you as he stampedes on through. I've managed to decimate Black Diablos without the need of barrel bombs, and if I can do it, so can you. :3

Pack some Sonic Bombs (and their ingredients) as well as a few Flash Bombs. When it buries itself, use a Sonic Bomb (unless it's raged), then Wyvern Fire its face (if you can manage). When you see its left leg claw at the ground, that means he's going to charge. If you're close when he does that, walk towards his left foot. His first step is on his right, so that means his left foot will sail right over you.

If you're far away when he charges you, block. Usually, he'll thrust his horn upwards and stop right on top of you, putting you in prime position to upswing his tail. When he rages, don't bother with Sonic Bombs when he goes underground. Get a short distance away, face where he dug in, and block. The blow will glance off your shield every time, and (again) put you in prime position to upswing his tail.

I prefer using the Gunlance bullets to hit his legs, since it seems a bit easier to get him to trip this way. Focus on one leg (I usually aim at his left leg), and once he trips, Wyvern Fire or chain a few 3x stab > fire combos.

Use Flash Bombs if you need a few seconds to recover. Play defensively until he gives you an opening to Flash.

If you keep at it, he'll soon be down for the count, both horns broken and tail cut off.

I use Hermitaur U armor with Auto-Guard and Guard+1 gemmed in and an Imperial Gunlance.
2 0

Answers

D_D_Tink answered:

i suggest you use something else to kill him faster like a great sword or longsword. gunlance isnt to good for monsters that move around alot.

blango decimator is a great LS to kill diablos with. hack away at his legs till he falls and then go for his tail (thats his weakpoint)
0 0

Afroballs answered:

Use the blango decimator and bring shock traps plus items to make more shocktraps. I learned how to use the LS fast. You probably wont have to do the training.
0 0

The_Ladle answered:

You may want to try using a Psychoserum at the quest start, to find him faster, and leaving the genprey alone
Yeah, i know they're annoying, and get in the way, but that seems like time you could be using to fight the diablos.
I personally don't have a problem with killing them while attacking my enemy( in this case, black blos) and i just let them jump around me... worst case, i get hurt a little (sometimes a lot can be a little) best case, they paralyze the diablos for me ( which is soooo sweet, and not to mention funny!)
This is just a personal opinion, but that seems like a lot of time for raptors.
and with this much extra time, weapon choice almost doesn't matter, just try not to use a melynx gadget and you should be Okie-Dokie!
0 0

AngstySquirrel answered:

You know whats easier than all of this?
Pellet Bullets.
Yes you will have to get used to playing as a gunner, but I killed my first Blos in <5 with just Pellet.

The strategy for it is easy, bring all the Pellet and Pellet ingredients you can carry + Sonic Bombs.
When it buries itself in the sand throw a sonic bomb to get it stuck. Then proceed to kill the annoying 'minion' creatures around the area.
When he charges at you, dodge past him, and shoot his tail as he passes by. You can either aim with R or simply turn and face to the tail on shoot, the bullets home in on the tail.
The pellets seem to do loads of damage, cause his to stagger loads of times, and generally make him simple to fight.

You don't need good armor, armor with high def (for gunners anyways) is nice, and if it has PelletS is even better!

Works for all Blos monster (Mono, Di and all color variations)
0 0

MonsterSlayer54 answered:

What i do is i bring 10 flashbugs, 5 flashbombs, 10 bomb material and a crapload of stuff to make a crapload of large barrelbomb+. Flash him and set ur bombs down (so don't 4get 2 bring sm. barrel bombs!)
0 0

What is Rec Speed? Answered GoBlue64
What happens if Trenya will speed up ? Open Joshua011302
Speed Fire HBG? Open Extekate
Speed Fire? Answered MGX0911
Speed Charge Armor? Answered XRyuuyoukoX