How Can I Find Rathalos Plate?

1. others said to do a high rank rath quest but i only have

Guild
    HR 2-rathalos
    HR 3-Rathalos+Rathian, solo rathalos and azure rathalos

Elder
    6 star - Rathalos+rathian and azure rathalos

i always break the head then cut the tail then carve then capture.
    i got a rathian plate but no rathalos plate.
    ive repeated it so many times like 42 kills rathalos 31 kills rathian
    and still no rathalos plate.

what quest should i participate and what methods?

User Info: nicolevantine

nicolevantine - 7 years ago
    Is the troublesome pair in elder quest can give it? or the azure in those elder will give it to?well i need tthe minimal (or i means the most bottom quest that can give that plate).

User Info: Yanto1986

Yanto1986 - 7 years ago

1. I got one last night from doing the HR3 Rathalos quest. Made sure to break everything and pet my pig. I didn't cut the tail though so that isn't required but it probably increases the chances.

User Info: Graveon

Graveon (Expert) - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I've been farming Rathalos aswell,
    it just comes down to one thing: terrible droprate

You can get a Rathalos plate from the Troublesome Pair and The Azure Rathalos quests
    but it can take a long while.

Seems like you have to keep on farming,
    I wish you GL with your hunt ^^

User Info: arteroot

arteroot (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. A G rank quests will help you out..
    Try any epic monster quest involving Rathalos..
    Or do the Troublesome Pair quest..
    And always cut his tail..

And.. finally..
    Pray when you start carving.

User Info: ger3h

ger3h (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. I got it in capturing a Elder ranked Azure Rathalos, you must cut the tail because Rathalos Plates are parts of the tail, as written in the info.

User Info: Gamespot_Crew

Gamespot_Crew - 7 years ago 0 2
  4. My best plate method is tail running. get yourself armour with carving celebrity ( this gives you an extra carve on everything, even tails), i recommend blue guild guard tricorne armour. then go hunt azure rathalos, cut off his tail and carve it. if you get a plate let rathalos kill you 3 times or kill yourself 3 times ( or defeat him ). you will keep the plate without wasting much time.

this is basically tail running. if you don't get a plate, abandon, rinse and try again. it takes about 10 mins per run and the carving celeb doubles your chances.

Using this method i got a rathalos plate within 30mins ( 3 attempts ) so the same amount of time it would take for a normal kill.

Good Luck!

User Info: o0Big_Dave0o

o0Big_Dave0o - 7 years ago 0 2
  5. Apparentaly, first u gotta pet u're pig. I heard it increaces reward rate. Then you need to undertake the Troublesome Pair quest. Always break rath's tail den of course carv it and HOPE. Then kill rath, and hope that u get it that time for the plate. If those to fail, then if u had pet you're pig you will have a slightly higher chance at getting the plate in the lil rewards thingy.

So remember to pet piggy and carve the tail

User Info: callmeinstead

callmeinstead - 7 years ago 0 1
  6. Attack and break his 2 claws, tail, skl shell(on head) and capture him or kill
    For easy get OF COURSE hunt on High Ranks

User Info: Akantor___God

Akantor___God - 7 years ago 0 1
  7. Its just Badluck. Keep Trying!!!

User Info: Other_Self

Other_Self - 7 years ago 0 1
  8. I got most of my plates from troublesome pair but, try to break/cut off every single part of los
    Don't do the 2 star los quest
    it seems that it never drops plates

User Info: kylelck

kylelck - 7 years ago 0 1
  9. The absolute easiest way of farming Rathalos plates is to get your rank High enough to do the Silver Los quest at the tower and farm him. You usually get a plate with every 8-10 Sil Los kills by cutting the tail and breaking his crown. This may seem like alot but its better than 40 kills per wyvern! If youy can't get your rank high enough for this mission just keep farming Az Los as he has a higher droppage percentage.

Armor suggestions- Rathalos Soul S, Tigrex S, or anything that can get you Earplugs (Akantor is the best)
    Weapons- Ceantuar Greatsword, Diablos Hammer, Onslaught hammer. Of course you would want to use a Gsword to cut the tail.

Also people say it's cheating but bring flash bombs and shock traps; this makes cutting the tail and breaking the crown so much more easier!

User Info: dmanlius10

dmanlius10 - 7 years ago 0 1
  10. High level Rathalos and/or Rathian quest then break every part of its body which are the head,wing and tail then capture them and wait for the rewards. Hope I helped.

User Info: barkbark_reborn

barkbark_reborn - 7 years ago 0 1
  11. I got all mine by doing Silver Los and Troublesome Pair solo and with out dieing.

User Info: syhshen

syhshen - 7 years ago 1 0
  12. Cut tail carve it,
    capture it, get it in rewards
    they can also drop it, if you flash it while it's flying.
    you can get it in any quest that has a rathalos.

User Info: MstrPoptart

MstrPoptart - 7 years ago 1 0
  13. It is mostly from the tail or rewards

User Info: Draknrr_Antirre

Draknrr_Antirre - 7 years ago 1 0
  14. Break the head, both wings, and you might have to cut off tail, and make your piggie love you! (pet the pig)

User Info: willderbomb

willderbomb - 7 years ago 1 0
  15. I got a rathalos plate yesterday from the shiny drop on the Urgent Quest of the Village Chief going into the 6*
    I pet the piggie too of course. Make sure if u pet it, you get the <3 sign, u gotta time it RIGHT when the ! comes out and the pig jumps around. Hope you get it!

User Info: SushiMasta6

SushiMasta6 - 7 years ago 1 0
  16. Got many plates from silver rathalos although i don't really need them... i'm after rathalos rubies but i always carved plates...just keep trying.

User Info: tempura13

tempura13 - 7 years ago 1 0
  17. The easiest and earliest way is to farm felyne elder's gold rathian and silver rathalos. They are easy to defeat on the quest where you face them both. I suggest tigrex s armor set exept for the helmet. I use garuga mask and expert blade to have autotracker, high grade ear plug and quick eating. Use charged attacks. Break all parts to maximize the chance. You can also get rubies.

User Info: exodia_13

exodia_13 - 7 years ago 1 0