Review by Dexterity_

"Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Tag Flaws"

Introduction:
- Another GX: Tag Force game franchises players into a more in-depth dueling, better storyline, new cards and the new year of the Duel Academy. But, do you think this is true? Some may say "Yes" and some will say "No". I, for one says it is an average game. But let's see what improvements that this game did.

Gameplay:
- For this, I cannot guarantee that the game has still the same controls, excitement and its in-depth dueling. No change. The game would have been better if they add more fun and heat to its gameplay especially during duels.

Story:
- Now this is what they had worked the best! The story will now part in the story of your chosen partner (whoever it is) with some extra duels and probably some rewards. Its a big improvement of last year's GX: Tag Force 2 because of those extra duels, extra conversations and a lot more.

Graphics:
- The graphics by far, is the usual colors. Just like the sounds, the graphics never changed. The usual color of Slifer Red of red, is still as red as it is. The same goes with Ra Yellow and Obelisk Blue. But I would say that the colors are nice and its colors matches the one of the show. Graphics in other parts of the game is still the same too. So expect these things if you buy the game.

Sound:
- At first, I thought the game would have cooler and better sounds but I thought the wrong way. The game still have the same BGM, SFX from the past two GX: Tag Force games. Wherever in the Academy you go, you will still hear the same orchestra. No, I'm not joking. It is true. Even in dueling. Although you cannot change these sounds, you can, however, alter the sound to its maximum volume or to its minimum volume to avoid hearing the same BGM allover again. That is, if you tone the volume down. But toning it up makes it more louder.

Play Time/Replayability:
- Your playing time will now be better than GX: Tag Force 2 because of the new story it gives you and the reason for you to play the game. Your duels, however, still makes up the same gameplay over and over again. But, I assume you it would "be" better. If you are thinking of playing the game with a different partner, I would say you should. Playing with just one partner and completing the game doesn't complete your day. So, playing with different partners ensures you that you get through their story too.

Final Recommendation:
- If you are thinking of buying this game, feel free to do so. Expect some new cards, new type of storyline, 1 new type of card and many more. But you must face longer lags, same sounds like the Background Music(BGM), SFX, same destinations and many more. But seriously, this game looks good

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/09

Game Release: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Tag Force 3 (EU, 11/28/08)