Question from kaydash_wiz

Does the Downloadable Content Installation requires UMD?

Does the DLC installation require the UMD to be in the Slot?

Or it requires the data install to be present?

From: TetrisTheMovie 6 years ago

DLC doesn't need to install. You download it, and it will be available in game.

In fact, trying to launch the DLC will produce an error.

Take note, the DLC won't be available ingame until you get a certain orb...

what DLC are you talking about?

I can say fairly confidently that you won't need the UMD present during the download. However, I'm not sure about the data install (it probably shouldn't, considering you can usually download data to your computer or PS3 before transferring it to your PSP.)

No, because the download is from the PlayStation Network & not the actual game itself.

Let me word that better: You're downloading it from PSN. You don't need the actual game to download extra content for the game from PSN (maybe except a save file, I think some PS3 games need the save file in order for you to get DLC for that game)

i don't even have the game (my game just got shipped =D) and already downloaded and installed the DLC. It shows up in your Game Data, along with your downloaded demos and/or installs, so to answer the question, you don't need the UMD for DLC.

No, the UMD does not need to be in the drive. I put my copy of the game on my PSP and the DLC runs just fine.

Well, I'll say yes. I did the same thing as NekoShogun but I get an error that a compatible game cannot be found unless I have the UMD in.

So no, scratch my last answer. You do not need the UMD. You have to get the yellow orb and then you can play it. Kinda sucks that something you PAID for you still have to unlock.