Question from kaydash_wiz

Does the Downloadable Content Installation requires UMD?

Does the DLC installation require the UMD to be in the Slot?

Or it requires the data install to be present?

wrathofearth asked for clarification::

what DLC are you talking about?

TetrisTheMovie answered:

DLC doesn't need to install. You download it, and it will be available in game.

In fact, trying to launch the DLC will produce an error.

Take note, the DLC won't be available ingame until you get a certain orb...
1 0

Answers

Carefree_Prinny answered:

I can say fairly confidently that you won't need the UMD present during the download. However, I'm not sure about the data install (it probably shouldn't, considering you can usually download data to your computer or PS3 before transferring it to your PSP.)
0 1

Zonic505 answered:

No, because the download is from the PlayStation Network & not the actual game itself.
0 0

Zonic505 answered:

Let me word that better: You're downloading it from PSN. You don't need the actual game to download extra content for the game from PSN (maybe except a save file, I think some PS3 games need the save file in order for you to get DLC for that game)
0 0

zetto13 answered:

i don't even have the game (my game just got shipped =D) and already downloaded and installed the DLC. It shows up in your Game Data, along with your downloaded demos and/or installs, so to answer the question, you don't need the UMD for DLC.
0 0

NekoShogun answered:

No, the UMD does not need to be in the drive. I put my copy of the game on my PSP and the DLC runs just fine.
0 0

panickedthumb answered:

Well, I'll say yes. I did the same thing as NekoShogun but I get an error that a compatible game cannot be found unless I have the UMD in.
0 0

panickedthumb answered:

So no, scratch my last answer. You do not need the UMD. You have to get the yellow orb and then you can play it. Kinda sucks that something you PAID for you still have to unlock.
0 0

DLC gone missing?! Open JudasBlackthorn
Asagi mode doesn't work? Answered F_F_XII
What is the proper arrangement to make the ultra dessert? Open LordSeraphy
How do I beat Prinny Laharl? Answered Lightdeathnote1
Magma Hideout Boss? Open ZombiePhoenix72