Question from jme_chew

How do I solve (Entering the Dark World)?

Once the initial gate to the Dark World is open, in order to access the other dark worlds, i would need to fulfil certain criteria in the main story in order to unlock it? Does anyone have a list of those criterias?

Thanks for the response

I have actually unlocked the Dark World gate already. However, in order to play the Dark world you have to unlock the key in the normal world. I'm asking about how to unlock those keys in order to go into the Dark world

From: cutsycat 5 years ago

In the ps2 version of this game there is a walkthrough by Paradisio that has a lot of the information you're looking for. The link is: www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/930240/44691

You just have to click all of the buttons in Holt Village, here are the locations:

The first button is located behind the knocked-down square column behind the Post Officer. The second is located behind Adell's house against the wall in the corner. The third is located on the very bottom right hand corner off the map where there is a patch of grass next to a tree. The fourth is located in a break in the wall of the left leg of the cross where the Petite Orc is standing in the middle. The last button is located behind the house located just left of the previous button. It will be against the wall.

It varies from level to level, sometimes it has to do with using an unorthodox strategy (one of the Shinra Tower dark worlds is unlocked by only using Tower Attacks), performing well (not taking damage), or other things. If you search for the PS2 version of the game there are lists of what to do, but this obviously wont help with Axel mode, so it's either experiment yourself, or wait for a guide