Review by AbsoluteZeroX19

"Need for Speed: Shift Reviewed"

Need For Speed:Shift is a racing-arcade game and also the 13th installment and second reboot of the long-running racing video game franchise Need for Speed; published by Electronic Arts. It was announced in December 2008 as part of a three-game announcement that includes Need for Speed: Nitro and Need for Speed: World.

The Gamplay of this game is just fantastic. I really enjoyed playing this game it. It's one of the best games I've ever played in the PSP platform. The controls for this game are very easy to use. And the difficulty of this game is fairly easy. There are of course, some levels that you can get stuck in, but what's a game without a fair amount of challenge? I'll rate the gameplay 9/10.

Singleplayer is for the most part fun and exciting. While you get better at the game, so does your enemies. I had a lot of fun driving different types of cars in this game. Try them all out and choose what "floats your boat". Though the game does not have that many levels. You'll be finished in about 5 days of playtime. I'll give singleplayer 8.5/10 just because of the short singleplayer. But nevertheless, a great mode to start in.

I never got to play Multiplayer. So I can't give a score. I don't want to be biased.

Graphics is definitely great. I have no issues whatsoever with this game. It looks great and better than most arcade racing games on the PSP. I'll grade the graphics a 9/10. The Sounds I will say, is what I absolutely love about this game. You can use custom songs from your memory stick to play in the game. I had fun singing while racing with enemy drivers. It's just great to play your favorite songs on your favorite game. But, if you don't have custom songs, the actual game sound (the sound of your car drifting, braking and the starting up of your engine) is very good. I'll give the sound a score of 10/10.

It took me about 4-5 days of Playtime to finish the game. It's really fun and I guarantee that you will enjoy and it will be worth it. On your way, you'll get new cars. Drive them all and pick the one you're comfortable with. You can get upgrades for your car by driving them for a bit. You can also customize your car's color, livery and more! So many colors and customizations, it almost impossible for you to see an identical car in the same race.

Just to summarize my review,
Overall Gameplay - 9/10
Singleplayer - 8.5/10
Multiplayer - N/A
Graphics - 9/10
Sound - 10/10
Playtime - Absolutely worth it.

Overall, It's a great game with outstanding sound and graphics. If you love racing games, or even games for the PSP in general, you will definitely enjoy this game. It's a game worth trying out.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/24/13

Game Release: Need for Speed: Shift (US, 09/15/09)