Review by KamekDSU

"Back as Altair, facing the Templars again"

I haven't played Assassin's Creed I. I beat Assassin's Creed II, and Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines is tempting me to buy Assassin's Creed I. Why? This review might tell you why.

Story - 7/10 (No spoilers)
The story was very simple. Easy to remember, very catchy, and hard to forget. The back of the game case basically tells you what the game's about. Assassinate, which you basically do in EVERY Assassin's Creed game. That's why they call it Assassin's Creed. As Altair, defeat the Templars, Which in every Assassin's Creed game, is what you do. See? Basic storyline that isn't very different from the other games. Same old, same old.

Gameplay - 9/10 (No spoilers)
The gameplay is perfect. Except for a few reasons. Assassinations. You get the counters. But sometimes it just doesn't seem like a realistic death. Like they fall, and don't move at all. Don't slide, nothing. That's the bad part. And as in every AC game, you get a large range map to free-roam, and places to hide. Different maps, and areas, not bad. You have different weapons to assassinate with, and you can find coins to upgrade Altair and his weapons. Pretty decent. Nothing to bad about the gameplay.

Controls - 4/10
Why such a low score? Not for a major bad reason. Just a minor bad. But why? Running and walking. They can get you doing missions over and over and over and over again. The rest is fine, easy to remember, just basics. But, don't mind the score for this. It's just low because of the running and walking. Attacks and other controls are fine. That's basically it.

Graphics - 8/10
Really nothing bad at all. Just not as high quality as in ACII and maybe ACI. 'Nuff said.

Sound/Audio - 7/10
7/10 for just one reason. Sometimes the character repeats their dialog. That's all. The only other flaw, is that sometimes you can't understand what they are saying. But that's why God gave us subtitles! Hahaha.

Extras - 10/10
Excellent. PS3 to PSP, and PSP to PS3 bonuses? Genius. 'Nuff said.

Overall - 7/10
Fair game. Has an excellent story, cool features and is very addicting. Like Acer1 said. I don't understand some of the hate. But I can't make decisions for you. It's your point of view and not mine.

Thanks for reading and hopefully you enjoy this game. I did. Bye.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/20/10

Game Release: Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (US, 11/17/09)