Review by squareeditor564

"Ahha! I found you, assassin!!!"

Assassin's Creed Bloodlines review by squareeditor564

I have never play an AC game before, so i'm not going to compare previous AC game like AC I and AC II of the console version with this one. Without comparing this game with the previous releases this is a great game and have lots of fun and excitement while playing it.

Gameplay
You gain control as Altair, an assassin and Desmond Miles ancestor here in this wonderful game. When you first start the game, it'll teach you a few simple controls, the story of the game and of course how to be an assassin by not being spotted by the Templar soldier and some pirates; but if you're spotted you can have a fight with them or run and find some haystacks or curtains above the tower to hide, assassination without alerting the soldier, some delivery, combat moves and so on. Coins are the money currency here and it is well hidden in every area but you must explore the entire area so that you can upgrade your current status. However, when you regain control as Altair, there will be a map on the lower right and the next objective is colour in red, controls on the upper hand, your life bar on the upper left, and most importantly the weapons available on lower left. Altair can use up to four weapons here and that is the fist (most useless), hidden blade to assassinate, sword for normal combat and the throwing knives (max 5 after upgrade). The controls are pretty simple, by pressing the L button you can move the camera by using square, O, triangle and X due to the PSP don't have a second analog stick and this is very annoying. In the twenty-first century, wireless feature is very common nowadays even on a gaming console like the PS3 or PSP. AC:B features exclusive connectivity with the PS3 AC II, by connecting both of them wireless ly some exclusive and unique features can be unlocked for both of the game. That's kill 2 birds with 1 stone!!!

Story
AC:B takes place at the year 11 91 and set on the island of Cyprus in two cities. Altair has travelled to Cyprus to find out why the Templar are gathering there. Not long later, Altair will found out the evil plan of Armand Bou chart (Grand Master of the Templar Order) which seeks the Apple of Eden to control the minds of people and he must stop him.

Graphics
Holy crap!!! I can say that this game's graphics are pretty mind blowing and in my opinion is the best and has the most graphic presentation on the PSP. I really mean it!!! Maybe it's graphic are not comparable to AC I or AC II but we're talking about a portable game here, so there's not much you can complain about.

Replayability
This game only have 7 memory blocks to play with so the play time won't be long. On the other side, it's re playability are not very wide too because after one play through you may not want to play it again but if you have nothing else to play at the time a new game is always welcomed or you can just load your profile and start slashing or escape as an assassin.

Overall
This game is great and deserves a 9 in my opinion and I greatly recommend this game to ANYONE that has a PSP in hand or not you'll regret this but if you had already played AC I or AC II, you may get disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/11

Game Release: Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (US, 11/17/09)