Question from mbkjhih

How do i survive the torture chamber?

I have tried everything but it isn't working, I can't even survive after Dr. SL talks about the scars

tushyboy793 answered:

Learn to mash triangle. I rotated my psp upside down and just mashed it for a long time. Use the cutscenes as a chance to take a break. AFTER the first torture scene and ur in ur cell, go to the sink and pick up the jigsaw and make sure you do it fast enough otherwise youll have to spam triangle ALL over again.As soon as the guard walks away cut the door and hide. Wait for him to come back and alert and yea. Basically the rest is just stealth and stuff.
0 1

deathguyz answered:

-mash triangle button in the entire cutscene
-go to the sink to get the jigsaw
-equip jigsaw (item) L+R to use
-unlock the cell gate using jigsaw (be sure you will not get caught because you will go back to start)
-get the prisoner on other cell and escape upstairs
0 1

link823 answered:

I had the same problem. I used a plastic spoon and rubbed it over it. "Spoon trick" It worked like a charm but scratched up my triangle button a little
0 1

adamelekid answered:

Spoon trick? How does that completely work?
2 1

XxJJxX13 answered:

I had the same problem, I just could not survive the third shock. The way I beat it is that you put your psp flat on a table or any thing else level, and as fast as you can with your index finger, smash the button. It really helped me, I kept the bar from getting halfway down, also I think if you succesfuly got Strangelove's ID card, you don't need to use the jigsaw from the sink. HURY OUT Also after you get out of your cell, I recomend going left. It will take a bit longer, but it is safer.
1 2

callmeinstead answered:

I did the "noobie" way. Slide your finger over the action button like crazy
0 1

koreatwo answered:

The best way is to hold the psp with your left hand and use your right hands index finger to mash as fast as you can and vice versa if your left handed
0 1

MelvinX93 answered:

use some cloth, like T-shirt or a hanky, cover your finger with it and slide it like crazy that way you dont get a blister on your finger and dont scratch anything on the PSP.
1 2

midsummersnow answered:

Get a friend that can press buttons like theres no tomorrow thats what i did...
0 1

filgaiasagefox answered:

(yea yea, after the cut-scenes) make sure you can easily throw enemies. do not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES get an alert! deal with your guard as soon as he sees you escaped, and don't attack until a guard looks away
0 1

calcilisx answered:

I actually got strangelove id card it allows me to open cell door
how i get it? i tell u now
the mission before toture chamber has a cut scene at the end that u will be doing some button pressing
to get the cut scene going if u fail 1 button u will be capture
but if u manage to press all button in the end of the cut scene snake will grab strange love id card
then after u save and start the torture chamber mission u will find strange love card at ur item window
0 1

dean2011 answered:

I'm ashamed to admit this but after I failed the first 5 times I asked my little sister to try but she couldn't and then I asked my mom to.... aaaaaaand she got me past it.... am I the only one that noticed you gotta push triangle rediculously fast?
0 1

bhuysman answered:

i made a video of a easy and not painfull way to cross the mission.
1 1

rock_lee_x answered:

Why would you be ashamed that your mom's good with her finger refle... Oh wait.

Ahah j/k. I'm just pulling your strings.

1 1

dragon2362 answered:

Hold the r button to make it easier
0 1

Talatat answered:

Dont mash with your thumb! Put you psp down on a table, steady it with your left hand and mash the triangle button with your right index finger.
1 2

Kwingster answered:

I used my index finger, held the PSP down, and vibrated my entire arm but kept my hand and fingers rigid. Worked like a charm and really helped my cousin when he got into a pickle.
0 1

DandyQuackShot answered:

I couldn't do it all with my fingers but using the eraser end of a pencil I was able to jab the button much more easily without feeling like I would end up with carpal tunnel.
0 1

playtaion999 answered:

If you want an easier way to get out of torture chamber. Just hold R and /\ . But your PSP might crash and deal permanent damage.
0 1

Badman76 answered:

I did this by using a small toy car, using the wheel to go backwards and forwards over the triangle button. After that go to the sink equip the jigsaw, go to the cell door open it (with a little help with the zigsaw) then avoid all guards and head to the exit.
0 1

Legend_Sniper81 answered:

DUDE LISTEN TO ME I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND I TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you do is get a shirt wrap/put your finger in it and then put your finger on the triangle button then......................SLIDE IT REALLY FAST. I did it and i had enough HP on the 3rd shocking, bro i had literally a full bar of hp on the 3rd shocking.
0 0

DaChampIV answered:

Legend_Sniper is correct on that one but if you dont want to try his technique then simply mash the triangle button
1 1

Learn how to mash learn to be a Swinger and learn to be button clicker then you will pass this it tooks me 3 time to do this over and over and over again..
0 1

JayHawk579 answered:

Use your finger nail of your pointer finger on your best hand. lol it took me one try and I finished with almost full hp.
0 0

KaiTynMacros answered:

If you want to get out of it with your fingers still usable, get a buddy and do a CO-OPS on that mission, (make sure they can survive the first two waves of shocks at least as they will be hosting the CO-OPS). While your buddy is subjected to shock therapy, get the jigsaw from the mirror and open the cell using it without being spotted (if you got snagged strangelove's keycard during the previous mission, use it). Make sure to knock out the guard patrolling around your cell before he notices you're gone. Next, there is a control room which opens all the cell doors and can be used to control the intensity of the shock therapy, make sure you hit the "-" button on the panel a few times before you open the cell doors. This will not only ensure your partner lives through the torture session, but they won't have to use a jigsaw to get out. Make sure you pick up the items around there too and save the prisoner as well.
0 0

heavyman99 answered:

What if we are playing the Xbox 360 version, with convex buttons, vibration, and nothing but a squishy leather ottoman to rest it on?
0 0

GeneralDestroya answered:

I used a toy car (lol)
0 0

PhoenixFire99 answered:

The first time I attempted this was on my PSP and I failed miserably, So I went online in search of help and I read on some random site about using your shirt to cover the Triangle button and rub your finger over it as fast as you can. This method worked for me first go.

However when I played this game on the Xbox 360 the type of raised buttons on the controller made it much more difficult to mash, so again I went online in search of help and found the toy car method. Use the wheel of a toy car to drive back and forward over the Y button. It took a few goes, but it worked.

A friend of mine was able to pass the torture on her first go. She plays tennis and has a strong arm, so it was relatively easy for her to do.

I've also heard if you have a friend help you do this mission they can actually lower the charge of the volts so you can easily pass the third stage of the torture. Maybe you could try asking someone on the boards to help you through it.

That's all the info I have sadly. And seeing as there's no other way to lower the charge or even skip the scene entirely, that just tells me that this game is forced co-op, and that's really not good. It's crap like this that ruins otherwise enjoyable games.

Good luck.
1 0

BrGamer2003 answered:

Playing on the xbox makes this scene ridiculously hard. I'v done some serious button rape to get past. I've got no toy cars to help me, so I just picked the first big and light object I could think of and attacked the joystick as fast as I could. It's a shame, but the game forces you to have no mercy of your console.
0 0

Can i skip the torture chamber? Answered partyman86
Torture Chamber Error? Open cannonblast
How do I get past torture chamber? Open Chez34567
How do i Beat the Torture chamber Main ops? Answered Taix34
Torture room helP? Answered squallyboo