Review by McFlippyhoo

"Big Boss is Back"

I bought this game just a few days after it came out, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.

The game follows Big Boss, leading an army of mercenaries 'Militaires San Frontiers' (Soldiers Without Borders) After receiving a task from a professor at a university of peace, Big Boss has to clear Costa Rica of the invading forces. Within the first few minutes of actual gameplay, you will find yourself engrossed in the game.

The graphics are perfect, in my opinion surpassing anything I've seen on the PSP so far, and the storyline is brilliant, cliffhanger here, cliffhanger there, even at the end of your first mission, a giant flying robot flies overhead, if that didn't make you go completely wide eyed, seriously, see a doctor.

As you get deeper into the storyline, you will meet characters with deep and exciting backgrounds, characters of pure fanservice, and even a horse Big Boss saw 10 years ago. Also, be on the lookout for a VERY obvious assassins creed easter egg, that will let you so the Big Boss imitation of Altair and Ezio's; drag into hay and beat up.

I myself have put nearly 150 hours into the game and barely scraped the halfway point, it is one long game, so don't think you can do it in a day.

The game contains over 100 extra ops missions, over 40 main ops missions, a mother base where you can make your army grow, in R&D, intelligence, a combat unit, a medical staff, even a mess hall team! Some missions even involve you capturing armour vehicles and using them to help your army prosper in a small little minigame; Outer Ops.

I'm trying not to spoil anything here and so to keep the review short and sweet, I think I'll give my analysis here:

I gave the game a 9/10 because I think it is absolutely brilliant, excellent gameplay, an awesome storyline, Hideo Kojima practically nailed it, even letting people beat the game in co-op mode!

The game has one obvious but none-too hindering flaw; not being able to crawl.

However, if you have played other Metal Gear Solid games, you will eventually see how insignificant crawling really is, in 3 and 4 I think crawling is at its peak, but in 1, 2, MPO you really see how little you actually use crawling.

Spectacular game, low price for such a majesty, buy it now!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/02/10

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (EU, 06/18/10)