FAQ/Walkthrough by Exulus1
Last Updated 2011-03-19
Table of Contents
Directional Pad = Camera Control Analog = Movement X = Block X+Analog = Roll *When on ground it should recover and make you roll *If you're a Mace type, X doesn't do anything. You can't block. *If you're a Firelance, this is the load button. *While being knocked away, this turns into a Recovery Roll.  = Normal Attack *Unless you're a Firelance then this is a Ranged Attack. *While being knocked away, this turns into a Recovery Attack. Triangle = Battle Art *In the field, this is used to toggle the map. O = Magic *If you're a Mace type, this is instead an Uppercut. *If you're a Firelance, this becomes an Assist attack. L = Lock on *L+Directional Pad = Switch Target R = Dash R+ = Dash Attack Start = Call for allies (Multiplayer only) *In the field, this is used to bring up the menu. Triangle + O * Summon
Actions Requiring Skills
Hold down  = Uppercut (unless Mace type, then stronger Normal Attack) Uppercut while targeting knocked down enemy = Stomp O after uppercut = Aerial Combo
Directional Pad = Camera Control Analog = Movement O = Talk R = Dash Start = Menu
- Monsters: Touch them to initiate a battle.
- Guardians: Monsters that block the passage to another area. Defeat them to open up paths.
- Master Guardians: Monsters with a large demonic aura. Requires all party members to approach it and ready up.
- Crates: When broken, they yield items.
- Treasure Chests: Same as Crates.
- Crystals: Same as Crates.
- Gathering Spots: They're spots with a small green "aura". You can harvest multiple items here until the spot runs out.
These are a series of different status conditions a target will go through according to their state.
- Normal: Target is more or less in good condition, everything is well.
- Staggering: Target is at critical health. The signs are obvious limping with blood spewing (enemy). In this condition, the target is unable to dash.
- Exhausted: Triggered by running too much, target is unable to use actions that require Pulse for a period of time until the bar on the Pulse meter is completely depleted.
These are a series of inhibiting status ailments that are inflicted upon opposing attacks.
- Paralysis: Marked by three waves and static around the target's body. Target is unable to act. Cures in time or alternatively can be cured (with no penalty) by having a party member strike you with a Coup de Grace or Uppercut.
- Sleep: Marked by Zs. Same as Paralysis.
- Dizzy: Marked by a series of stars over the target's head. Same as Paralysis along with the ability to cure Dizzy faster by rotating the Analog in any direction rapidly.
- Burn: Marked by flames around the target's body. Target suffers damage in uniform frames in time.
- Poison: Marked by a murky, purple aura. Target suffers damage in uniform frames in time.
- Mini: Marked by the target becoming severely down scaled. Target does only one damage, moves at a slower speed, and covers a smaller distance. Additionally, the target cannot use items. Can be cured by striking the ball of light following the user.
- slow: Marked by three white lines. You will be slower and you're attacks will also take longer to do.
Lord of Arcana has an ad-hoc multiplayer mode. This means that you can only play with another person who is sitting next to you OR online if you use Ad-hoc Party (PS3) or Xlink Kai (PC) in conjunction with your PSP. The changes from single player to multiplayer are as follows:
- Results screen time is longer.
- More targets are needed to collect/hunt in missions.
- Master Guardians have more HP.
- There are enemy reinforcements in battle even without existing enemies calling for them.
- Initiating battle causes everyone in the area to be involved.
- The middle Melee Duel requires every party members' participation.
- The finisher Melee Duel is split up; party members take turns doing the QTE.
- Friendly Fire is introduced--you can be knocked around by Coup de Grace and Uppercut but no damage is suffered.
- Items can be given to other members from the Start Menu.
- Lives are shared.
- As you start dying and the time counts down to your next revival you can press Triangle to alert other players of your status.
- Before an member dies another can revive them using Life Injection. Hold Triangle down over the corpse and HP will be cut in half and distributed among the participating members.
- A party member in battle is able to call for other party members to join them in the fray (if they aren't already participating) using the Start button.
- You can only escape from a Master Guardian battle if all party members are trying to escape.
Playing in Multiplayer is typically harder and more time consuming than if one were to play alone. Why then, play online?
- It's easier to break parts on Master Guardians.
- You'll get a bigger payoff in the end for each mission: more EXP and materials.
- Firelances are safer now that you have other allies that can distract the enemy and act as tanks.
- After 03 - Agni Invades, craft the Eye of the Gods. Equip it and you'll be able to lock on to breakable parts on a boss or weak points saving you the trouble of manually orienting your strikes.
- Try to get a Drake Shade Core so that you can get a Eye of the Seeker orb, this will allow you to see the locations of guardians and bosses.
- Every time you come back from a mission, search the whole town and gather materials. Most of the time these materials will be Clean Water which is crucial for making Potions.
- When you roll, dodge INTO the enemy so that you'll be ready to launch a counterattack afterwards. Don't forget that you'll be vulnerable at the end so don't use it too soon.
- When escaping, run straight into the boundary to initiate the action. Then, run diagonally so you'll slide to the side, allowing you to dodge some attacks while still running.
- Collect materials while your in a mission so that you have a chance of creating things you want without going back to a certain stage.
- Sometimes there aren't any monsters in an area so when looking for your target or
- If you want to break the parts on a boss and you get melee duel before you do just fail melee duel until you've broken them or given up. having a hard time finding a guardian press triangle to zoom in on the area you're in.
Things to keep in mind
- This guide will be written as if the player is playing alone and NOT with someone else
- Enemies respawn so when doing missions that require you to kill multiple enemies try leaving and reentering the area you were just in.
- Rolling your analog while your stunned will make you recover faster.
- You can use your ultimate spell as a way to recover faster or cancel your attacks and then rolling to cancel without using it.
- Ambushing the enemy will give you an attack boost but if you're the one being ambushed then you're defense will decrease.
- 00 - Prologue Mission: Don't pick up any of the treasure chests--you'll end up losing them by the end of this mission anyway. Just follow the key icons in the screen and destroy all guardians while proceeding to the opened gates. At the end, kill Nidhogg.
When you need to talk to the guild, approach the white haired woman behind the counter next to the blonde haired woman to start.
- 01 - Entrance Exam: Raid Area 2, 3, 6.
- 02 - Goblin Treasure: Get into an encounter with every Goblin you see. For each encounter they'll randomly drop a chest that has a Red Stone in it. Repeat this for five times (or more for extra money) then return to the Delivery Box marked by the "house" symbol and click O.
- 03 - Agni Invades: Ignore all enemies and head straight for Agni. He occasionally switches from Area 6 and 9.
- Agni: All of his attacks hit forward so throughout the whole battle, stay behind him unless Agni is spiraling the stage in a rolling attack. To avoid that attack, wait until he's about to do his last revolution then charge to the center.
- 04 - Adventurer's Soul: Skeletons are the monsters with the red clothing. They appear in Area 1 and 5. Defeat the Guardian in Area 6 then look for the last Skeleton in Area 6. Exit and reenter if you have to.
- 05 - Sandstorm Hellfire: Agni is paired up with a Blaze Goblin this time around and often goes in Area 10 first and then Area 6.
- 06 - Rose of the Desert: The items you need are located in Gathering Spots in Area 3, 6, 7, 9, and 10.
- 07 - Takemikazuchi!: Directly confront Takemikazuchi. The boss resides in Area 3 or 5.
- Takemikazuchi: Like Agni, you can avoid most of his assault by staying at his back. There's only two attacks that can hit you this way and that's his thunder clap that inflicts Mini (no damage) and his charge which will only hit from behind if you're too close to him.
- 08 - Baby Xuan Wu: The Baby Xuan Wu are green turtle-like monsters that appear in Area 2, 6, and 8.
- 09 - Find Mandrake: They pretty much look like green onions, occasionally they'll have an aura of healing. They appear in Area 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 (not in that order) and blend in well with the environment so look carefully. If you don't kill them quick enough they will summon drake shades so if you have a hard time killing drake shades run from the battle and re-engage the mandrakes
- 10 - Earth-Loving Kirin: Kill the Guardian in Area 9. You should get a message telling you the target has appeared. After that, look for what looks like a rainbow colored monster that looks like a cross between a chick, a peacock, and a horse (Kirin) in the same area first before checking the other areas.
- 11 - Thunder Clouds: This time, Takemikazuchi is with a Skeleton. Head to Area 3 or 5 to confront him.
- 12 - Bahamut Attacks: Defeat the Guardian that's typically at the bottom (map-wise) at Area 1. Proceed to Area 2 and defeat both guardians in front of the gates in order to open them. Now, check Area 6 for Bahamut. If he isn't there then visit Area 5 to find him. Be sure to activate the gate that connects to Area 5 for easy access on subsequent runs.
- Bahamut: Stay at his right side, somewhat close but not next to his tail. If you're in this position, don't panic when he does his tail whip as it'll just miss. Keep a safe distance so you also don't get hit by his flip and all should be well. When he charges at you, dodge to your left and when he throws out Mega Flare don't underestimate it's range--the shockwaves are huge and fatal. If you still have trouble, you can switch to the Firelance and snipe him from afar while using Artillery when you have enough Pulse.
- 13 - Collector's Plea: To get a Glittering Stone you need to defeat a Griffin which can be found in areas 9, 4, and 6. They're the monsters floating around with 3 wings on each side. Once you defeat a Griffin it should drop a chest with the Glittering Stone inside, bring it back to the delivery box in area 1 and you're done with the quest.
- 14 - Inhuman Rampage: Use the teleporter in area to get to area 8 then go to area 7 and use the teleporter there to get to area 2. Once in area 2 kill the guardian there and it'll unlock area 3, kill the guardian there too and the target should appear in area 8. Take the teleporter in area 2 back to area 7 then go back to area 8 to find the drake shade, it looks like a dragon with someone on top of it.
- 15 - Winged Dragon: Bahamut will appear in area 4 or 5, this time he'll be with a skeleton
- 16 - Twin-Head Snake: Defeat the guardian in area 7. Azdajha will be in area 5.
- Azdajha: If you have the Agni ultimate card now what be a good time to use it. She stays in the ground and uses her 2 snake heads to attack you but Agni will just knock her on the ground where you can attack her and she'll be stunned too. If you don't have it then you'll have to destroy her 2 snake heads first. They will rise up from the ground and strike back down, this will keep them in place for awhile giving you time to get in a few hits. Once she isn't underground anymore just keep attacking her, the safest place to attack her from is from behind. If she does an attack where she digs into the ground after 2 or 3 times she'll be stunned leaving you a chance to attack. She does have a move where she puts her 2 snake heads into the ground and does a spinning attack to hit everything around her so be ready to move or block if you see it coming.
- 17 - Bog Dumplings: Green slime can be found in area 7. Once you kill the first green slime drake shades will appear so leave quickly on the map and one will make an attempt to stop you from leaving the area so if you have a hard time killing it. You should get a message saying a new target has appeared. The next green slime will be in area 5, the last one will be in area 2.
- 18 - Kirin Rampage: Killing the guardians in each area will cause a Kirin to appear. Killing the guardian in area 9 will cause a Kirin to appear in area 7, killing the guardian in area 8 will cause a Kirin to appear in area 8, and killing the guardian in area 6 will cause a Kirin to appear in area 1.
- 19 - Sky Assassin: The Griffins are in area 7 and 6. Use the teleporter in area 5 to get to area 7, after that a guardian will appear in area 4. Once you kill the guardian the gate to area 6 will unlock and you can kill the last Griffin.
- 20 - Slime Overload: You may see blue slimes in this map, those aren't the ones you need to kill, you need to kill the green slimes. The green slimes are in areas 1, 6, 4, and 7. The green slimes will also be with the mandrakes and the indigo slimes.
- 21 - The Snake Returns: Azdaja will be in area 2. Kill the guardians in area 1, 6, and 7 and she should appear, this time she'll be with a green slime.
- 22 - Bog Guard: Killing the guardian in area 6 will cause the Griffin to appear in area 2. Once you kill it another guardian will appear in area 6, killing this one will let you go to area 7 where the drake shade is.
- 23 - Sword Master: Kill the guardian in area 8 and another one will appear in area 1. Once you kill both of them Grendel will appear in area 5.
- Grendel: You won't really be hitting Grendel too much. He will do a sword rain type of attack and his sword will appear on the ground hit that as much as you can and it should do a lot of damage to him since it's also his weak point. If he charges at you while he's in rage mode try and keep your distance since he'll do a spinning attack. Using agni is useful since it stuns Grendel and lets you get a few hits in. If you want to, since Grendel stays in the air most of the fight you can use the fire lance and snipe at him.
- 24 - Nose Ring Theft: You need to get 3 Ornate Nose Ring in this quest, to get one you need to kill a minotaur. These monsters where armor and can sometimes be found attacking each other. Minotaurs can be found in areas 1, and 5. Once you kill one it should drop a chest with a Ornate Nose Ring inside.
- 25 - Bird Beast Battle: The Griffins are in areas 5 and 6. You can just ignore the guardian in area 2 and get past the gate if you have the portal connecting area 7 and 5.
- 26 - Immortal Dragon: The skull dragon's in area 7. To get to area 7 you have to first kill the guardians in area 8 and 9 to unlock the gate. Once you do that you can fight the skull dragon.
- 27 - Ancient Sword: Grendel will be waiting in area 9, 5 or 7. To get to him kill the guardian in areas 3, and 6. This time Grendel will be with 2 red goblins
- 28 - Demonic Ox: In this mission you have to kill 7 minotaurs. The minotaurs will spawn in areas 3, 8, 4, and 5. After you kill 5 minoutaurs you will get a message saying a new target has appeared, the last 2 should be in area 7.
- 29 - Red Conqueror: Alright this is actually the end of the game, the rest of the chapters are post-game. This stage has a lot of floors but is pretty straightforward, just keep on killing the guardians until you get to Vermillion. If you use up your items getting to Vermillion then restock with the items that are on the floor where Vermillion is.
- Vermillion: When Vermillion teleports he will reappear to the side of you and do a attack. To dodge this just run and hit him once he's done. Another thing Vermillion can do is make clones of himself and they'll shoot fireballs at you. Don't attack the clones, they'll blow up, do a lot of damage, and once they're done blowing up he'll do a attack that can 1 hit kill you if you don't block it. The clone that holds his sword in his right hand should be the real one. He will always look different from the other clones. (Ex: He will have a different pose or sword in different hand) He can also teleport and shoot a laser at you. Having a Grendel or Agni card here can be useful too, thankfully he doesn't seem to have that much hp.
- 30 - Reaper's Overture: The only thing that might be hard to find out for some people is that you'll have to use the teleporters to move around in the first floor. Just use the teleporter in area 4 or the one in area 6 to get to area 2.
- 31 - The Twelve Wings: Griffin Nemesis is just a blue griffin with better stats. The Griffins are in area 3 and 4. You can use the teleporter in area 7 to get to area 4 and kill the Griffin if you don't want to kill the guardian.
- 32 - Deadly Quakes: A high drake shade is green/blue and will be accompanied by a regular drake shade. Use the teleporter in area 9 to get to the guardian in area 8. The Drake shade will appear in area 1 so take the teleporter back and go there.
- 33 - Laugh at the dead: Before the blaze goblins and bone assassins appear you need to kill the guardian in area 8.Sometimes the blaze goblins and bone assassins will be together, but this won't always happen. Once you kill the guardian a blaze goblin and a bone assassin will appear and one will be in that area. The other blaze goblins and bone assassins will be in area 5. Once you kill all of the enemies in area 5 go to area 3 and kill the other guardian. A few bone assassins can be found in area 6, and the last bone assassins and fire goblins will be in area 9.
- 34 - Cave Monster: There should be a fierce coeurl in area 4, you can find some trolls in area 6 and since you're there kill the guardian in area 6. There's a troll and some fierce coeurl in area 2, while your there kill the guardian too. The rest of them will be together in area 9.
- 35 - Three-Color Mud: These slimes can sometimes be found together. You can find quite a few of the green slimes in area 8. There are also some Indigo slimes in area 5, and the blood slimes will be in area 3.
- 36 - 100 Sword Warrior: Not too much to say here just keep on killing the guardians and coming up the tower. Once you kill the Lich Grendel will actually be waiting in the room outside, he has a really different appearance. I haven't really seen anything different with him, no new attacks but maybe a stat boost.
- 37 - Sky Hunters: The Griffin Nemesis will be in area 7, the regular Griffin should be in area 5.
- 38 - A-Maze-ing Shot: Kill the guardians in area 2 and Hecaatoncheir will appear, he can be in any area.
- Hecatoncheir: Try to break his sword first so you can decrease his attack range. Try and stay on either side of him when you're attacking, if you're behind him he may do a kick to send you flying away. He can dash at you and hit you with his sword but it'll be less useful with the sword broken and he sometimes stomps twice then uses his sword. In rage mode he can shoot fireballs to his side so be careful of that. When he does his dash attack he will do it twice. Another thing he gets when he's is rage mode is he'll try to jump on you're character so try to avoid that.
- 39 - Labyrinth Serpents: Kill the guardians in area 4 and 6, then Medusa will appear in area 2. Medusa will have snakes as hair and have wings.
- 40 - King of the Forest: Kill the guardian in area 3 and then the gate to area 5 will be unlocked so go on over there and kill the guardian. Once you kill both of the guardians the sapling spook will appear in area 8, use the portal in area 4 to get over there quicker. This monster is green, it's fairly large, there are some plants on it's head, and has a frown on it's face.
- 41 - Desert sun: He will be in areas 9, 10, 6, 3, and 5. Agni Ablaze is basically just agni with a new blue/red color and better stats, you can do more damage to him when his arm is broken.
- 42 - Wind Cave Light: There are 3 guardians you have to kill before Indra appears. Kill the guardians in area 6, and 8 then another one will appear in area 3. Once you do Indra will appear in area 5, this monster is the powered up version of Takemikazuchi.
- 43 - Dead Blue Dragon: First kill the high drake shade in area 8, once you do use the teleporter in area 7 to get to area 2 once you're there kill the guardian. To get to the one in area 6 you'll need to take the teleporter up area 4 to area 3 first. Once you kill both of the guardians the last high drake shade will appear in area 6.
- 44 - Blue Bog Beauty: You'll need to use the portal in area 3 to get to the 2 guardians in area 8. First kill the guardian in area 7, once you do the gate should be opened and you can go to area 8. Sinister Nixie will be in area 2, just look for a girl with the 4 octopus arms and the will be Sinister Nixie.
- 45 - Fighting Valkyrie: Spica will be in area 7 so kill the guardians first. If you got the portal in area 8 you can just ignore the guardian in area 3, if you didn't you'll have to kill both of them to get to area 7. Spica will have a dual edged sword in her hand and have pink swords around her.
- 46 - Labyrinth Lurker: Kill the guardian in area 4 if you don't have the portal to go to area 2, or you can use the portal in area 6 to go straight to where Serek is if you have it. This monster pretty much looks like a giant scorpion/crab.
- 47 - Hecatoncheir: Kill the guardians in area 2, 4, and 7. Once you kill all of them Hecatoncheir will appear with a phantom with it, they'll be in area 4, 1, 7, 2, or 6.
- 48 - Labyrinth Guards: You have to kill both of the guardian in area 7 to fight Medusa in area 3. Once you kill her take the portal in area 7 back to area 6 or the portal in area 2 back to area 4 where Serek will be.
- 49 - Dragon of Arcana: Kill the guardian in area 5, once you do Nighogg will appear in area 5, 10, 7, or 8.
- Wild Nighogg: Bring a few mana crystals and light fragments to this fight since he can sometimes run away and you'll have to do all you're damage to him again. Maybe some darkness crystals and giant drinks would help too. If you have the Intimidating Gaze orb that can help too since it slows down the time it takes for him to run away. Bring the Grendel or Bahamut card to deal a lot of damage to him quickly, when he summons the monsters don't waste the ultimate cards on them or use a mana crystal just attack them and fill up the bar normally. Use the items for when he gets all bloody since that's when he'll try to run away.
- 50 - Temple Intruder: Kill the guardian in area 9, and the one in area 5. Once you do you will get a message saying that Nixie has appear with the minotaur in area 7.
- 51 - Blood-Soaked Tank: The guardian is in area 3, another one will appear in area 4. Once you kill them both the Belch Hecatoncheir will appear in area 5, it will be with 2 trolls.
- 52 - Storm Gods: Kill the guardian in area 6, once you do Takemikazuchi will appear in area 5. Once you kill him Indra will appear in area 6 too.
- 53 - Air and Earth: Kill the guardians in area 4 and 5 to unlock the gate blocking the entrance to area 9. You'll find a high drake shade there and it will be with the griffin nemesis.
- 54 - Poisoned Land: Kill the guardian in area 4 once you do use the teleporter in area 3 to get to the guardian in area 3. Once you kill both of the guardians the Grand Azdaja will appear in area 2.
- 55 - Battlefield Lament: Kill the guardian in area 6. Spica will appear in area 1. You'll need to use the portals to get there so use the teleporter in area 4 to get to area 8 and then you can use the other teleporter there to get to area 1.
- 56 - Temple Spirits: Jiaolong will be in area 6 but you'll need to kill the guardian in area 5 and area 3 to unlock the gate blocking area 3. If you have the teleporter in area 5 you can use it to get to Jiaolong without having to kill the guardians. Jiaolong will be the monster with blue skin and harpy like wings.
- 57 - Old Soul Rescue: The Phantom Peril will be in area 5, 9, and 7.
- 58 - Howling Dragon: Kill the guardian in area 9 and 6. Once you kill both of the guardians Wild Nidhogg will appear in area 5 with a troll.
- 59 - Baptismal Beauties: You can ignore the guardians in area 7 and 5 by using teleporters in area 4 to get to area 9. Both the Jiaolongs and Nixies will be together. Use the teleporter in area 5 to get to area 6 where another set pf Jiaolongs and Nixies will be.
- 60 - Legendary Knight: Kill the guardian in area 12, once you do Siegfreid will appear in area 6.
- Siegfried: Something that might be hard to get by is his shield when it begins to glow. This will allow him to block all attacks in front of him, if it's melee he'll do a counter that's unblockable and deal somewhere around 200 damage to you. To get by this you should try and break his shield so that you can attack him frontally, but attacking him from behind does more damage. He can do a few vertical slashes that do a decent amount of damage and will rend the earth but it shouldn't be too hard to dodge after you get used to it. Sometimes he will activate a magic reflect and do a shield rush to stun, and then kill you. He can also send out a shockwave that has a lot of range, before he does it he makes a stance so watch out for that. When he's in rage mode he'll activate a magic reflect and start to chase you, he'll start out walking slowly but that'll turn into a shield rush so if you can't block that stay away from him.
- 61 - Beautiful Beast: The Coeurl will be in areas 12, 4, 14, and 6. After you kill 4 you will get a message saying a target has appeared, it will be in area 3.
- 62 - Crazed Cavalry: Kill the guardians in area 8 and 3. After you do Belch Hecatoncheir will appear in area 5 2 troll fiends will be with it.
- 63 - God of Flame: Kill the guardians in area 3, 2, and 10. You'll need to kill the guardian in area 3 before the other 2 appear. Both of the Agni Ablazes will appear in area 9.
- 64 - Thunder Lord: First you'll need to kill the guardian in area 5. Once you do all of the gates will be unlocked, the remaining two guardians will be in area 6, and area 9. After you kill all of the guardians Indra will appear in area 9 with a baby xuan wu.
- 65 - The Golden Dragon: Kill all of the guardians in area 1, 3, and 8. Bahamut Quietus will be in area 6, 5 or 9.
- 66 - Enticing Illusion: Just look for the monster with hearts around it. The Slave Succubus spawns in area 6, 4, or 3. You'll need to kill 1 before another one appears. If she isn't in the area you want her to be in you can leave and reenter that area and she'll be there but you need to kill one monster first. You should go for her in area 3 since she spawns with a mandrake and nixie but rarely runs away. In area 4 she spawns only with a mandrake but runs away a lot. Area 6 she will be with 3-4 blood slimes. You'll have to leave and reenter multiple times though before she's in the area. After you kill the first Slave Succubus the second one will spawn along with a grand azdaja. If you want to fight the slave succubus in the area you did before you'll need to kill the grand azdaja. She will spawn in area 2,5, 3, or 6.
- 67 - Immortal Curse: You'll need to kill the guardians in area 9, 8, and 7 before the Hell Dragon spawns in area 4, it looks like a purple version of the skull dragon.
- 68 - Reaper Requiem: Kill one of the guardians on the first floor then use the teleporter in area 4 or 6 to get to area 2 depending on which gate you unlocked. You'll have to use the teleporter to get to the 2nd floor. There's nothing to do on the 2nd floor so just go up to the 3rd floor and there you will find a guardian in area 15. Once you kill it the gate blocking area 12 on the 2nd floor will be unlocked go there and you'll find 2 liches and 2 mad liches. The liches should drop the silver lockets and the mad liches should drop the nightmare seeds. If you don't get them right away the liches and mad liches should spawn here anyway. Once you have 2 nightmare seeds and 2 silver lockers bring it back to the delivery box in area 1 and you'll finish the quest. You'll need to hit the statue to unlock the gate blocking area 5 and 1.
- 69 - Noble of the Abyss: Finvarra will be in area 3 just look the monster holding a shining shield and a sword. for Kill the guardians in area 4 and 14, use the teleporter in area 5 or 7 to get to area 15 then 14 if you took the one in area 5 or just straight to area 15 to 14 if you took the one in area 7. The gate should be unlocked now so go back to area 7 and go to area 3 to fight Finvarra.
- 70 - The Golden Sword: Just go to the 2nd floor right away once you start the quest since there's not much to do on the 1st floor right now. Kill the guardian in area 9 on the 2nd floor and then go back to the 1st floor, the teleporter connecting it to the 3rd floor should be unlocked now. You'll need to kill the guardian in area 12 and then grendel banjax will appear on the next floor with a Phantom Peril.
- 71 - Frowning Knights: Kill the guardian in area 9, take the teleporter in area 5 over to area 7 to get there. Once you kill the guardian the gate blocking area 11 should be unlocked and that's where the next guardian is so take the teleporter back and head on over there. Siegfried will appear in area 6 with a frost coeurl.
- 72 - Scarlet Tower Lord: Kill the guardians in area 13, and 14. Restock on your items if you need to before fighting Vermillion Beta. He'll be in the same area as he was in the first time you fought him.
- 73 - The Spirit King: Kill the guardians in area 14, and 3. Once you do the gate blocking area 11 should be unlocked and that's where you can find the Hickory Haunt, just look for the bluish sapling spook.
- 74 - The Freezemaster: Kill the guardians in area 11, 4, and 9. Once you kill all of them Vermillion Gamma will appear in area 3.
- 75 - Snake and Stinger: There will be a Serket in area 4, after you kill it a guardian will appear in area 1. Once you kill the guardian the 2nd Serket will appear in area 6 with a Medusa. Medusa will be in area 3 too.
- 76 - Dragon King Sleeps: Kill the guardians in area 7, 8, and 5, once you do Enraged Nidhogg will appear in area 3.
- 77 - Emperor's Ruins: Kill the guardians in area 5, 7, 13, and 15. After you do another one will appear in area 8 once you kill this one Vermillion Gamma will appear in area 3.
- 78 - Tail, Tail, Tail: Kill the guardians in area 1,and 7 to unlock the gate blocking area 3. Bane Serket will be in area 3, 1, and 7.
- 79 - Silver Protector: Kill the guardians in area 5, 7, 13, 15 and one will appear in area 8 once you kill the guardians and another one will appear in area 10. After you do Siegfried will appear in area 6, or area 5 with some Pollux Z.
Alright that's all of the missions except for dlc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will you put more in-depth strategies on how to beat monsters?
- A. No, unless there is an urgent need for me to personally write the strategies I won't.
Q. Will you put a section on blacksmithing?
- A. No, plus there is the Japanese Wiki. I MAY however provide armor pictures in the future.
Q. Will leveling up increase my stats?
- A The only thing leveling up does for you is increase your hp but your no stronger than a level 1.
Q. Will you be uploading the dlc missions?
- A Sorry to disappoint but I probably won't do it.
Thanks to Square Enix for creating the game.
Thanks to Slayn for 66 - Enticing Illusion information.
Thanks to everyone that takes the time to read the guide.
Thanks to Zahlzeit for some of the mission info in chapters 1, 2, and 3. As well as the prologue mission, some of the tips, some of the multiplayer information, the status conditions, the interactable objects, and some of the status aliments.
This guide is Copyright 2011 by Exulus-. It may not be hosted on any site other than GameFAQs.com and its affiliates without the consent of the writer.
All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.