Review by siegfriedmaster

"John McClane saves the day."

This looks just like a normal platform beat'em up, doesn't it? But it surely isn't. This platform game is better that the others, mostly because of the weapon system combat, that gives a completely new dimension to the player. Who wouldn't like to play as John McClane and his helper in a great platform game.

The graphics are OK. Not that good for our times, but good for the Saturn parameters. And there is something that is rare on 3D Saturn games: they blink their eyes and open their mouths! Hurray!

The best thing on this game. The controls are very fluid, and there are a lot of combination moves, including a move you use to free yourself that drains energy. But, the rare point on this is that... that move is perfectly human. The buttons are the usual. Punch, Kick and Jump button, and you do special moves if you press some buttons at the same time.

If you know Die Hard: The Movie storyline, then you'll understand it. White Fang kidnaps some daughter of a important man, and takes her to the top floor of a high building. You'll see cut scenes for every fighting stage, before fighting White Fang himself.

Audio: 7/10

The sound hasn't much things to talk about. It isn't great but I can't say I don't like it. The sounds are somewhat real, and the music is well chosen. Suspense music. Wow! Matches with the environment, doesn't it?

Video: 8/10

There are hundreds of cut scenes, so there are hundreds of videos. They're cool and match with the story, but aren't so good, due to lack of polygons.

Replay ability: 10/10

This is a great game if you play with a friend, and if you don't have a friend... playing alone isn't boring. It's even extremely funny. You will beat this game uncountable times until you get tired... a week after, you beat the game a thousand more times...

Buy or rent?

Buy. Generally the ''Buy or Rent'' depends on the replay ability, and this is no exception. If I give 10 on it, then you can expect that it is supposed to buy. Of course! You play this game so many times that if you rent, you'll have to go buy if right after you have to give the game back to the rental shop.

I've never seen a real platform game better than this one. It's a need to all Saturn players. It's still in my shelf.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/11/02, Updated 09/11/02