Review by dawnset

"A game worth dreaming for"

Ok, Nights into Dreams is one of the best games for the Saturn. Actually it's one of the best games ever. Here are some reasons why this game is the best. One of them is the idea of the game.

Concept: 10/10
The idea of this game is good. Going into dreams to collect orbs and in the end, you get a rank depending on how you did in the level. And also, the idea of the same last level is so unforgettable. So I think you will like this game for the first couple of minutes.

The story here is simple. Two children has problems. A boy named Elliot is being bullied in basketball by big kids and another, a girl named Claire is stage frightened. Anyway, even though they are not related, they have the same dream of this person named Nights. In the dream world, the nightmares are trying to go to the dream world, but the kids stop them and their problems are solved. You get the idea, it's creative and interesting.

The look: 10/10
This game feels and looks good for a 1995 game for the Saturn. The back ground is cool to look at and there are lots of stuff you can interact with.
Basically, the game is good looking and that is just one of the many positives in this game.

Controls: 9/10
The controls feel nice and smooth. It can be hard in the start, but you will get used to it pretty quickly. And you won't struggle with it in the start. All the major buttons are the C button and control pad.

Game play: 10/10
I wish i can give the game play a higher score, but ten will do. The game play is so awesome that I can't begin to explain it but, I will try. How the game works is different from your average game. You start with the person you pick and you go to this portal to turn to Nights. The flying is the best part. You fly through rings and try to fill a meter. BUT, Along the way, many things happen. I can't tell you, but it's really cool. So that is what makes the game really enjoyable.

Music: 10/10
The music here is great for the children's dreams. It's like each song blends with game play and you will be happy. trust me on this. Even the boss songs add a feel in game play. That is what I like the most about this game. But this game has one tiny negative that doesn't really affect the game play.

Choices: 7/10
Sad to say but, NID (Nights into Dreams) biggest flaw is the choices. There is not much except adventure, options, and multi player. Not a time waster but this doesn't stop this game from being awesome. And multi player is simple, but average.

Conclusion:
Overall, this game is creative on the story and game play part, but only they have more stuff to do, this will be "the perfect game." It's close enough but worth the money and exp (experience) for.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/10/06