Review by SDMonkey

"Oh yeah, this is why I bought a Sega Saturn"

Ah, yes, the Saturn. Short lived, under gamed, marked as a horrible system to many gamers. Little do many people realize that this console had a very high percent of good and even great games. Of all the games released for Sega's now moot 32-bit system, NiGHTS (or NiGHTS Into Dreams, the full title) was probably the greatest.

Graphics: 10/10. Mind boggling. This was the probably the first video game that actually made me say ''Wow.'' Everything looks amazing, with plenty of textures, wide open areas, no framerate drop ever, and well-designed characters. I've had dreams which looked worse than this game. The Full Motion Videos for the two main characters are also entertaining and made well. You can tell Sega put a lot into this game.

Sound: 9/10. The music helps the atmosphere but is never too intrusive. Perfect. The sound effects are all great, too, from the rushing of water to the sound a fairly makes when you squish the little bugger. I took a point off because the girl's voice is just so annoying.

Story: 5/10. The FMVs explain the basic premise, but the story is never detailed much and you'll probably have to read the manual if you want to learn any more.

Replay: 9/10. The solo mode is enough to warrant a good score, because it is just so fun. You can waste a lot of time simply walking (or flying) around the truly wonderful levels. The two-player can be fun, and is a welcome extra to this game.

Gameplay: 10/10. The collecting never ever gets tedious, and some of the later levels and bosses can be a real challenge. Control is tight an fluid, and sometimes you even feel like you're flying yourself. This game has so many wonderful elements mixed together, I don't see how anybody in their right mind could hate it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/06/00, Updated 07/06/00