Review by Blue_Jae

"One of the best games I've ever played... Truly..."

There is no argument: This is THE best game for Saturn. Although I played this game for the first time almost 10 years ago, I remember everything clearly. It's THAT good.

These kind of graphics are hard to see nowadays since everyone wants realistic graphics. The graphics look like anime graphic, which works wonders for this game. The effects of spells can be cheesy sometimes, but it was astonishing back in the days.

Meh, some flashy tune will come up now and then when you're fighting a lot of bad guys. It's not the best music, but it suits the game well. Only one flaw is that the characters don't talk. We get subtitles.... Also, characters' grunts could get quite annoying since most of them repeats.

Game-play: 9/10
This is a classic beat-em-up game. At the beginning, you can choose your character and there are four characters to choose from. One is warrior (Han, my last name :P), Nicole (Cleric? Uses magic and luck), Randy (a mage-warrior with a flying rabbit as side-kick), and Ginjiruo (a ninja that's somewhat well-rounded). The fifth character is a hidden character, you have to beat the game once to unlock her. She's the ultimate average character stat-wise. You use combos to finish the enemies off and get exp points. You can upgrade your characters stats at the end of each level. So, this element makes this no-brain game a little more intelligent.

Also, there is a cool undead warrior you get to fight alongside. He's invincible and you can give him some orders. He's extensively helpful throughout the game.

Multiplayers can be insanely fun too. You can choose ANYONE from the main game, which can make this really unbalanced. For example, you can choose a civilian grandma that coughs as an attack. Or, you can choose a dragon that's almost 20 times as big as her. It's unbalanced as hell, but it'll be really fun if you have some friends over to play with.

Original. You can choose your own path as you play the game which is awesome. I've unlocked about at least 3 endings now. You choose your own story to fight Heaven or Hell or somewhere in the middle.

Controls: 10/10
The combos are not as easy as in recent Dynasty Warriors games, but it's easy enough so you can have fun with it. Perfect controls. There are three main attack buttons and additional three buttons where you can control your undead warrior friend. Some are simple as pressing forward+c, but some are really confusing and cool looking. It took me about 10 minutes to understand it. And I was six years old.

Pros:
+Gorgeous graphics
+Cool undead friend
+Cool RPG like element
+Choose your own adventure!
+Cool multiplayer

Cons:
-Hard to get, $50+ on Ebay
-No voice-acting

Final Verdict: 9.6/10

If you see someone selling this game on Ebay, get it! You won't regret it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/26/06