Review by Joshua

"Great RPG that should be played by every Saturn owner"

Lunar Eternal Blue for the saturn is one of the best import games around. It is easily beaten without any knowledge of the sega cd original or any Japanese.

Graphics: 7

The graphics in this game are a bit dissapointing at first. Especially if you were expecting the upgrade that silver star recieved. The anime cut scenes are especially nice though and there are quite a bit. They are a tad grainy but they are full screen unlike the first one.

Sound: 9

The soundtrack for this game is the exact same as the original. It has been upgraded a bit though but it is still the same. Nevertheless, the original soundtrack was great on its own.

Story: 10

O.K. I may get a little flack for this since i cannot read Japanese but what I do understand is that this has a great storyline. Walkthroughs and text translations help here a lot.

Replayability: 7

RPG's generally don't have much replayability and if you can't understand Japanese then that gives it all the more reason not to play it though. I myself am playing it over and over though nonetheless.

Playability for the non-japanes audience: 8

This one is easily played without any knowledge of Japanese. It is mostly linear and new areas are opened up as play progresses. There are only a couple places where you could get stuck.

Overall, I'd recommend this game to any rpg fan. It is a great game and the cut scenes are beutiful. One of the few RPG's that can stand next to the Final Fantasy series. a must buy.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99