Review by DarkCrono x2

"Better than the first!"

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue is a game in a genre which has few great titles. The other games that pull through are those of Final Fantasy, on most occasions. But Working Designs little baby, Lunar, has mde Final Fantasy retreat into hiding. Lunar 2 is one of my favorite RPGs of all time and will never lose that place. Read on to find out what makes this game tick....

Story 10/10
The story is never slow or boring. It keeps you interested and wanting more around every corner. My only gripe is that of the un originality, which is in EVERY, I mean EVERY RPG. Its a small town boy, goes on adventure, meets girl, falls in love, saves world. This formula is in every RPG. I think Working Designs could have done better. But while I say that, I also want to say that it is original in a different way, and this makes it great. The charater development is top notch and cannot be found in any other game. You feel like you know each character personaly, by the end of the first disc.

Graphics 6/10
Everything is 2-D!!! Extremely dated. While it is dissapointing at first, you come to know it well. The characters are sprites, the backgrounds are just 16-bit 2-d
graphics. The sprites are perfect, very imaginative and fun to watch. The face sets have every emotion thinkable. They even have some Working Designs humor thrown in.

Sound 10/10
The music of Lunar 2 will take you right to the city streets of Meribia and make you feel triumphant after the end of a battle. It's wonderful. The man who composed these pieces of art should get a medal. They are just plain good. I hope that he composes Lunar 3.

Control 10/10
Perfect. Simply perfect. No slowdowns or glitches.

Gameplay 10/10
Lunar 2 is a traditional, turn based RPG. But Lunar puts a spin on what it is to be turn based. Its strategic. You have to put in the command before anything happens. You do this for each turn. It can get very tough. You will have guys healing guys who are fully healed and things of that matter. This made it all the more fun for me. I enjoyed leveling up, most games I have played can not say this. Battling is fun.

Overall Score 10/10
Besides dated graphics this game is about the best thing you'l find out and around.

Buy or rent?
Most places don't rent this game because it is for the Saturn. But if you are new to the genre and can find it, rent it. If you wing it and buy it you won't be disappointed.

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue: Buy it. Play it. Beat it. Play alot more. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/29/02, Updated 06/14/03