Review by GregP

"If Final Fantasy 2 was a character from itself, it would be Edge"

Think back now, to the time when you played this game. Think back to when you first played Final Fantasy 2. What were your first thoughts? And more importantly, why did you play this game? Was it by random? Did a friend recommend it? Did you play Final Fantasy for NES and than hear about this, thinking it was a must? Personally, I rented it once, when I was about 5. I played and played, and then got it for my birthday (about 2 weeks later) and ran in to my brother's room, woke him up, and than we went down and played. Basically, we stayed down there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and only stopped to sleep (me especially), eat (him especially) and bathroom breaks (...both of us).

GAMEPLAY: 9 [/10]
Boy, if anyone was to give this game any lower than an 8 in GamePlay, please have them banned from this site, because they simply have not played it. Final Fantasy 2 is well controlled, very unique, and an amazing boost of fun. The controls are so simple, I at age 5 had no trouble AT ALL mastering them. The reason for that is because it's quite basic. There isn't much combos or nothing, it's basically one step at a time, choose who you want to attack, and watch the magic, spears, swords, kicks, etc. fly!

GAME BASICS & STORY: 9 [/10]
Beautiful. It's the only word you can use to describe the story. It's about this knight, who while searching for his inner self, goes on a wild adventure to kill a man who's haunted him and his best friend Kain. From there, you fight 4 fiends, Final Fantasy's fantasic 4, you get plenty of magic users, from WHITE, BLACK, and even CALL magic. Cecil finally realizes his soul, is too dark to fight 'Golbez' and that he must change from Dark Knight, to Paladin. Basically a full 360 degree twist that changes the story. Plus, you've got a huge and probably the best cast in the game. A crazy and wise lunar, a man out to learn the greatest spell and avenge his daughter's death, a young caller who will grow in strength, a martial artist, an engineer, two majestic twins, etc. etc. etc.

REPLAY VALUE: 8 [/10]
The Replay value is great. I find that you can play this game over and over and over because there is so much to do. It is a very straight forward game, but there is so much more. I find trying to get very strong to be the best replay value. I'd stop at a certain spot and just get my team stronger and stronger and stronger until they were just TOO strong or until I got bored. Whatever came first.

I find this game is like Edge. Very cool, laid back, a fan favorite, funny, but when all is said and done, very strong and an amazing fighter. That's the reason.

OVERALL SCORE: 9