Review by Kirby Freak101

"The second best Final Fantasy game!"

I just wanted to write this review to show everyone what a dazzling game this was. Well, I always loved Chrono Trigger for the Super Nintendo. I lost the Cartridge, so one day, I went to FuncoLand to buy a new one. I couldn't find it there and the clerk said they should be getting more copies soon. I was disappointed until I ran into a game called Final Fantasy 2. I aksed the clerk about it and he said it was a popular RPG. It was only $15.00 so I said ''What the heck, why not?'' I brought it home, and I fell in love with it. Not as much as Chrono Trigger, but still, this is just a perfect game. Let review it!

Graphics-10/10. Someone who buys Final Fantasy Chronicles may not agree, but you can't forget this is an old game, what do you expect? The graphics were still great anyway. Square took time in making the Photo's on the Menu Screen.

Sound-9/10. This sound is perfect, well almost. Some sounds like the happy-sad music, or the just plain sad music gets me grooving sometimes. Some sounds I didn't like however. That music in Mysidia was ugly. No offense to those who like it, but its not what you call ''Listening on the bus'' music.

GamePlay-8/10. The battle system is nice and challenging. The way you get spells just rule. I loved how it played like other RPGs. Some stuff were not so great. Weapon and Armor shops for example. You had to guess what to buy, cause it doesn't show how much the stats increase until you actually equip. The only thing it really shows is who can equip it which helped some. But it could have been better. I had lots of fun playing it, thats all I can pretty much say for the GamePlay section.

Storyline-10/10. Definently one of the best. It is about this Dark Knight that destroys a town to steal a Crystal, but rejects the King and has to start the greatest Adventure of his life. I don't wanna spoil the story anymore, so just play it, I guarentee you will love it.

Replay-10/10. I probably played this game about 7 times so far, and I have not gotten bored one bit of it. The only way I can see someone hating this game is if they don't like RPG's.

Final Score-10/10-Second best Final Fantasy Game ever!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/14/01, Updated 01/04/03