Review by Fierydevil

"Final Fantasy IV But WAY Easier."

First off, I'd like to say that this review is based on my OPINION.

Gameplay - 8/10

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is meant for beginners in RPG's. The game's difficulty is VERY easy. The control is good. The battles are very different though. Instead of 3, 4, or 5 members in your group at a time, you only get 2 and it's got a different view from all the others. With the control, there is also something new but not amazing. Your guy can jump.

Graphics - 8/10

If you ask me, play Final Fantasy IV then play Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. The graphics look the same. The graphics are pretty good.

Story - 7/10

The story is exactly the same as Final Fantasy IV. Get the crystals back, and save the world. The only difference is that the last boss is different, different-looking enemies, and the only way you can get into a battle is by touching them. Also, the game is really short.

Sound Effects/Music - 6/10

The sound effects were well done, but the music is average. The overworld music is cool but the rest of the music is annoying.

Replay Value - 5/10

The game doesn't really have a replay value because once you beat the game, you won't want to play it again and it's a straight-forward game. I beat it in about 3 hours and didn't play it again.

Overall - 7/10

This game is avarage. Buy it only if you are a beginner at RPG's and want to get used to them. If you are an expert at RPG's, you don't have to play it. You'll beat it in about 3 hours like I did.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99