Review by GregP

"This game is OK for a beginner"

I picked this game up at a garage sale about a year ago simply because it said Final Fantasy on it. Boy, was I wrong. Just because this game is part of a Final Fantasy series, does not make it good. This RPG is a great RPG if it's your first RPG. You'll understand how an RPG works with the help of this very weak RPG cleared and under your belt.

GRAPHICS - 6(/10)
This game's graphics are really awful. They really needed some help desperatly from the word go. You knew right from the beginning of the re-occurring shoulder shrug the main character does that you were in trouble with this game.

GAME PLAY - 4(/10)
Mystic Quest's story is very poor. Going from area to area meeting a series of 4 people who join you twice. Trying to collect crystals to get onto a boat? What's wrong with this game. The format is just like any other RPG with a twist. You go through four reigons fighting demons and getting crystals. Remind you of another RPG? Maybe FF2? Hmmmm...

ENJOYMENT - 7(/10)
Yeah, I'll admit it. It's fun to play once you get into it. Everyone'll say I'm wrong when I write this but that's my own opinion. The game isn't as bad as it looks once you get down to it. Besides the fact there are no Mini-Games or Side Quests, there's still some good enjoyment out of going straight for the man and not walking around fighting monsters.

-ENDING COMMENTS-
I'm not saying to rush out and buy this game, so don't flip out on me. I'm just saying to give it a try. Rent it at a store. I'm sure since it's so old that you'll get it for 7 days. BUT, you'll beat it in 2.

OVERALL - 5.6 rounded off to 6.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 05/21/00, Updated 05/21/00

Would you recommend this Review? Yes No
Commenting is anonymous and not required to vote.