Review by 6xdandangp

"Both the best of the series and the very best game that the SNES has to offer."

Out of all the Final Fantasy games I've played, this one is definitely my favorite. From its amazing story to its interactive and unique gameplay, you'll be playing this game for hours on end, and you'll love it all! Before you read this review, I'm would HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone who plays RPG's.

Story 10/10
The story starts off with two Biggs, Wedge, and a girl named Terra. Biggs and Wedge disappear after the first boss, and you'll end up using Terra and Locke for the beginning. It doesn't start off as exciting as you may think, but it quickly picks up and will leave you trying to beat the game as quickly as possible to see the ending. At least, that's what happened with me, this story is the greatest of its time.

Gameplay 10/10
This game is fun, it's much more enjoyable than most other FF games I've played, you can customize many of your characters to be EXACTLY what you want it to be, how cool is that? Even if your character is weaker in a certain stat, you can boost them up with espers. You'll be spending a lot of time trying to train your characters to become stronger, then your characters would breeze past most bosses and you'll be happy that you trained. It's not a very hard game, but you can make almost every character the way you want it to be, that's amazing for an SNES game.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics are flawless for the Super Nintendo. Everything is as detailed as 2D can get, battle backgrounds are somewhat 3D too. You'll be stunned at the graphical quality that this game offers. This version doesn't have much of a graphical difference from the PlayStation and the Gameboy Advance versions, though.

Sound 10/10
The music quality was some of the best that the SNES could have. The GBA does somewhat weaken the quality, though, there's not as many instruments and some tunes sound a little funny, but we're talking about the Super Nintendo here. The quality is as good as this system can get, and you'll be enjoying every song it has. I just can't give the sound less than a perfect score.

Replay value 9.5/10
You can play it for as long as you want, or as short as you want, it doesn't matter. You'll be loving every minute of it, anywhere from grinding your characters to learn new magics or trying to progress through the story. You'll also be exploring places you've already explored in hopes to find new things, and believe me, you will find new things in places you've explored before.

Overall 9.9/10
This game is undoubtedly my favorite Final Fantasy game, I am also quite sure that this is my favorite RPG in general. The story is amazing even for this age, the gameplay is interactive and unique, and the graphics are the best that 2D can get. Also, like other Final Fantasy games, don't rent this, it won't be worth it. This game definitely deserves the score it got, and you'd have to hate RPGs to not like this game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/27/09

Game Release: Final Fantasy III (US, 10/20/94)