Review by LOG

"Could be the best of series"

From the intial intro to the ending of the game, Final Fantasy 3 transfixes the gamer. The music is superb for the time. and the gameplay is excellent. I was immediately drawn in by the storyline as you gain interest in the lives and histories of the people.

Starting with Terra and then Locke, you meet all the interesting characters with none surpassing the other in quality (except for GoGO and the Yeti). It is rare in a RPG that every character is developed, and you don't just like one character. All the characters are unique and possess different skills which is challenging, yet enhances the gameplay. From Gao's Rage, which is extremely useless sometimes to Sabin's Blitz, the game encorporates different concepts for special attacks. There are multi-party battles, individual or group character senarios, the game has it all.

The graphics and music are excellent for 1994. The enemies are detailed and the music complements the scenery. The haunting music of Narshe and caves make the gamer feel a part of the game. The desolate music in the World of Ruin perfectly fits.

Perhaps my favorite part of the game is the espers. Though most are useless, the stats help the character turn into a magic machine or a beast. Esper manage- ment helps you make decision making in your own life. You must decide who gets what and so on. Because you must share amongst 14 characters, this can be frustrating.

The story is good, not revolutionary, but well done. Square can always make an old story seem fresh and new. The evil emperor and his power quest, is stopped by one more evil, Kefka. I will not go into the story, but it is well done.

Graphics 10/10
Music 10/10
Control 9/10
Story 9/10
Overall 10: Being a recent Square fan, I knew that this game was good, but bravo Square, It was excellent. I recommend this for any RPG fan with time. Buy this if you can.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 02/20/03