Review by StupidFetus93

"Gooey Is Just Precious!"

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is most definitely worth eight dollars. I would describe it as a 2-D version of Kirby 64. Only with animals! Not to mention, it's totally underrated. Okay so, it's basically just your generic Kirby game plus Gooey. But Gooey makes it better than some Kirby games. He's your little blue blob of a sidekick, taking the same concept of Kirby. And with two-player, someone else can control Gooey.

Getting through the game, you'll need the help of some animal friends such as Rick the Hamster, Kine the Ocean Sunfish, Pitch the Bird, and of course, Chuchu the... Octopus?? The animal friends not only help you get some of the game's missions done, but work with the abilities Kirby and Gooey obtain.

The abilities you have to choose from are fire, ice, stone, spike, spark, umbrella, cutter, and broom.
Not a very big variety, which I consider the biggest flaw, but the animals kind of make up for it. With the addition of them, you can completely change the ability Kirby or Gooey has. For example, cutter Kirby throws boomerang blades, but cutter Kirby riding on Kine will shoot a single giant blade.

Gameplay - 9/10
Your basic Kirby gameplay. Complete with the copy ability, Kirby's nifty little foot slide, and his wonderful allies. You go through five worlds plus the final boss. Some of the levels are a bit tedious and the missions can be a little tough, but overall, it's a pretty easy game.

Story - 2/10
Lame story is lame. It's predictable. Dark Matter darkens the sunny skies of Dream Land, and it's up to Kirby to save the day.

Graphics - 9/10
Pretty rad SNES graphics. It's like a completed coloring book. Smooth and bright, and perfectly suitable for the ever-so-jolly Dream Land.

Sounds & Music - 7/10
It sounds too nice constantly, is all. Even during the boss battles. While it's a good game to listen to your iPod to, the sounds sound pretty good. Some of the songs get stuck in your head, so it's memorable.

Replay Value - ??
I'm yet to beat this game myself actually, but it's a lot like the other Kirby's Dream Land games, so I can already tell you that you'll more than likely beat this game more than once in your lifetime upon ownage.

In conclusion, it's a good game. If you like Kirby (And who doesn't like Kirby?), then buy it. It's a pretty rare game on the SNES, so eight dollars on the VC is certainly worth it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/04/09

Game Release: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (US, 01/05/09)