Review by The Lone Duck

"Aah, it's alright. Too many animal friends!!"

Let me start off by saying my quirks with this game. 6 animal friends, 8 powers. And that's not counting Kirby's sidekick Gooey. Now any red-blooded teenager will be experiencing nausea at this time. If you look beyound this, you'll find a decent Kirby game that's easy to find.

Graphics and Sound: 9

The graphics are sort of like Yoshi's Island. Imagine all pastel though. Of course, I haven't reachedc the last level yet so who knows? As for sound, you'll never get annoying fast beated songs that break your concentration. However, you can't listen to ANY cool dark creepy themes. Oh well. Sound effects are average.

Story: 8

Dark Matter invades the planet of Popstar (apparently, this is where Kirby lives)!!! Kirby, Gooey, Rick the Hamster, Coo the Owl, Kine the Fish, Chuchu the... uh... Nago the Cat, Pitch the Sparrow, and Gooey all try to save the day! Did I say I don't like the animal friends? That's why I like Kirby'Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure, and Kirby's Superstar better than the other game.

Gameplay: 7

Okay this probably deserves an 8, but I'm still peeved about all those freakin' animals!!!! Also the lack of powers bugs me. They took out my favorite sword for a broom!!! Ooh, I'm gonna sweep you off your feet!!! Arrgh!!! Grr!!! Yeah, I'm bad!! Sarcasm aside, there is an interesting two-player co-op mode, but I haven't had a chance to try it. I know that only one person can have an animal friend though. I remember Kirby's Adventure, my favorite power was the laser, oh well...

Overall: This game is a good game, don't get me wrong, but I did get Kirby's Superstar tonight, so this game pales in comparison. However it's easy to find, and I encourage you to buy it, you enjoy it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99