Review by DfPtwix

"Not 'nuff said"

Gameplay 10/10
There is very little differences of this Front Mission than to the PSX versions. This is one of those that can be ranked as at least a 2 or 3 in the best Square game category. The gameplay is simple if you've played Final Fantasy Tactics. It's a standard strategy RPG. There is no mistaken that this is a great game. The battle scenes are the greatest. Especially moves when it happens. From the field, you will go to the standard screen of battle. There are two mechs and the two will battle it out. Each gets one attack. The best things are the shoulder weapons. They are the only ones that can do long-range.

Stroyline 10/10
The storyline is simple enough to understand. There aren't any hard puzzles, but there are hard battles. I think that's enough said.

Replay 10/10
I haven't really found anything worth playing the game for, but it is fun to go through it one more time and take different approaches to different battles. I don't know if there are any secrets. I just think that it will be fun to play through it once more.

Value 10/10
I haven't found any for retail so I'm not sure of the price. But... anything that's this good is worth getting. I wouldn't care for how much it costs so long as I can play it. I also know that this is only sold in Japanese and the only Front Missions sold in the US were Gun Hazard and III.

Video Graphics 10/10
I LOVE these graphics!! There is no match to this out of any of the Square SNES games. This has a 32-mb graphics card on a 16-mb system. It can match up to Final Fantasy Tactics! The certain fluidity of the mechs are amazing. The look like actual mechs from old animes(er...new ones like Gundam).

Audio Detailing 10/10
There isn't much I can say but the fact that this music kicks butt. I don't know where people get the urge to get something due to the music on the advertising. I just love the audio detailing in the battle scenes. There just isn't any equal. Well..maybe some equals.

Overall 10/10
This is a great game that almost no one has played but it is one of those that should be played. I spent at least three hours on one battle scene and I finally beat it! It doesn't take much time to finish the game. The average time would be around 45-50 hours. This game is great for veterans and for rookies.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/10/01, Updated 05/10/01