Review by Bobo The Clown

"Wow! An Original Game!"

Aerobiz is a very unique game, in that it's very unique (well duh). As far as I know, it's the only game, excluding Aerobiz Supersonic, that allows you to control the day-to-day operations of a major airline. While the execution of this is less than perfect, Koei (I sure hope I'm spelling that right) should be rewarded for thinking up something besides a rehashed sequel or another fighting game.

The main point of Aerobiz is to control the operations of an airline. You control almost everything: new routes being opened, airplanes used, stocks bought, budget usage, etc. If it sounds pretty complicated, that's because it is. The game is pretty hard, even on the easiest settings. Action games need not apply, only strategy gamers should bother.

As with most strategy games, the controls are responsive and don't feature a huge delay. The graphics are clean and clear, but nothing eye-popping. The sound is okay, but there's nothing that you'll remember when you're done playing. Ditto for the sound effects.

The main problem that stems from Aerobiz is the steep learning curve. Unless you have the manual that comes with the game, except to spend a lot of time learning the little nooks and crannies of the game.

If you can manage to stick with this game, you'll find a fun little strategy game. However, that's a pretty big IF. This is definately a game with an acquired taste.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99