Review by THAguyINgta3

"SNES Has Gone Batty!"

Wow. I wish I could have back all the hours I played this. This is my favorite game on the Super Nintendo. If you like Batman any at all, I advise you play this. It is just like the Batman Returns movie. It is pretty much a beat'em up type of game. This is the best Batman game ever. You even get to drive the Batmobile!

GAMEPLAY
You go around fighting the thugs in the streets of Gotham City. You basically just go around beating up people. The controls are easy to learn. If you have trouble playing this, something is definitely wrong.

Batman uses many gadgets throughout this game to help you get through the levels. Speaking of levels, this game is long. It probably only seems long because there was no such thing as a memory card back then but oh well. It might be long, but you won't mind putting in the hours after trying it once because you will definitely be hooked.

You are fighting Catwoman and Penguin's thugs and you will eventually face Catwoman and Penguin. You get to drive the Batmobile in one level and it is fairly easy to control. Batman Returns is a beat'em up side scroller game. You can throw people through glass which is fun too. You also get to beat up clowns which is great fun. I mean, who doesn't like to beat up clowns?!

STORY
Batman Returns follows the same story as the movie Batman Returns. You play the role of the best superhero ever, Batman. You are trying to stop the Penguin and Catwoman's evil plans to frame Batman. So now Batman, or you, have to defeat Penguin to clear your name. Catwoman is also helping the Penguin with his evil plans. Destroy them Batman!

AUDIO AND VIDEO
The graphics are great for a Super Nintendo game. The sound is also good. It feels like you really are in the movie. This game is in 2D and great 2D at that. The enemy skins look great. The graphics are overall good.

The music is pretty good I guess, but I never really paid attention to it. It sounds ok when you hit people and when crap explodes. Pretty good sound overall.

REPLAYABILITY
This game has great replayability. I bet I have beaten it millions of times. Just over and over and over. I'm sure you will too if you play this. It really is great fun. Did I mention the clowns?

TO BUY OR TO RENT?!
Buy it. You will not regret it. Sure it isn't a hard or challenging game, but it is great fun. You will have fun for hours. Trust me. Oh yeah, one more thing, there are clowns and you can beat them up and it is very fun so buy it! I mean come on, you can probably get it for a dollar if you can find it that is.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 10/14/02, Updated 01/20/03