Review by The Lone Duck

"Get this game!!!.... Unless you already have it..."

Standard Beat-em up game. requires more jumpig than Final Fight, but is similar in style. If you have 13 bucks go to Funcoland and get this. It was made by Rare for crying out loud!!

Graphics: 9

Really spiffy sprites and funny animation. A few bit's of Mode-7 graphics, but nothing too much over there. You'll drool over the Dark Queen... Unless your female, in which case, I apologize for my sexist comment.

Sound: 8

The music is really cool,(what did you expect from Rare?) but the sound FX leave a tad left to be desired. Just a tad though.

Challenge: 7

The controls take a bit of getting used to, and the classic, all-in-one-go approach is annoying. You get two continues, and three lives(more with a code. What? You want it? Too bad! Think about where you're at. Oh yeah...). The biker levels are very frustrating.

Gamplay: 9

It's always fun to beat up a fat evil pig with a friend. There's also some good humor in this game as well. The Intro says, "BattleToads... in... BATTLEMANIACS. Also starring the Evil Dark Queen... and special guest appearence by Scuzz the Rat" That's just the intro!

Overall: 9

It's hard to find good co-op games. I mean real ones, not turn based ones like the DKC series. The BattleToads series are one of them. You happy now? I stayed up till 2:30 to write this review and the Mario Paint one. Read that one too.

The Lone Duck