Review by THAguyINgta3

"I Wonder Who Would Win If They Fought The Ninja Turtles"

Wow. A game about frogs, well toads, that are named after acne. You have Zitz, Pimple, and Rash. Somebody had to be high or something when they thought this up. It is kind of like the Ninja Turtles in a way except, well, they aren't anything close to ninjas. They are toads and they kick ass.

The story starts out when the Dark Queen has captured Zitz and brings him to another world or some crap like that. Rash and Pimple have to go rescue him and blah blah blah. The story wasn't too great. It was basically something to give the game a little meaning. Since Zitz was captured, sadly, you cannot play as him. This might be a turn-off to the game for all you Zitz lovers.

The game is kind of a platformer and beat'em up hybrid or something. The controls are set up well. They are good and respond well. I mean, what game can have a bad set up on the Super Nintendo? I mean, the controller only has 5 buttons if you count the D-Pad! Overall, good controls.

You play as either Rash or Pimple and you go around beating the hell out of guys with your basic kick and punch combos to get Zitz back as said in the story section. Rashy and Pimple both have different attacks. There are a few different attacks and combos you can do with each of them. There are also special moves you can do in special situations. For example, say two guys are close to you. You press attack and the toad will punch both of them in the jaw. Pretty cool. The fighting system is good.

The levels are designed well. They are pretty diverse too. Most of the time, you will have to walk through each level but some are different and you are on a moving vehicle and beating the hell out of anyone who gets near you. Overall, good level designs.

The enemies are designed well. They have very good artificial intelligence and so do the bosses. The regular enemies are hard, but the bosses are even harder. They will kick your ass so bad, that it will discourage you to play the game again sometimes. I think the difficulty is a little over the top. I mean, they could have toned it down a little. I'm usually not one to complain about difficulty, but it really is kind of ridiculous. You can have up to three difficulties that helps a little. Overall, good enemies and bosses.

There really isn't that much replayability besides playing it over and over again. I mean, it is fun to play over, but this might not be your thing. Overall, good gameplay and replayability.

The graphics are pretty good. Everything looks nice and there aren't hardly any glitches that I have experienced. The sound is good too. The music is pretty good. Overall, good graphics and sound.

Overall, I would say you should buy this game. It is good for anyone's Super Nintendo collection. I mean, the game is probably only a dollar if you can find it. Anyways, go buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/22/03, Updated 02/22/03