Review by tiger_gamer

"A cute little platform game"

Introduction
Do Re Mi Fantasy is a super nintendo game that I believe was aimed at 5-10 year olds. Even though it was made for kids, that does not mean the an older person could not play it and enjoy it. This game is actually a sequel to Milon's Secret Castle

Story 9/10
The story has a very cute feel to it, and it goes something like this: A young boy name Milon sets off to save Alis, his fairy friend, after she was captured by the evil sorcerer Amon. He later learns that the only way to defeat Amon is by collecting five legendary instruments which Amon has stolen. He placed a curse on these instruments so that its true powers cannot be used and left them in the hands of his minions. The only way to lift the curse is by collecting five stars. So pretty much you play as a young hero, and you need to save your friend, defeat Amon, and get those magic instruments back.

Game play 8/10
The is pretty much like any other platformer on the snes. You have a basic attack which is Mion can shoot bubbles at his enemies and stops them, and he can walk up to them and push them into the sky. He can also bubble his enemies, and then jump on them to flatten them, thus making a bridge or platform. There are only a few levels, 5 or 6 I believe, so it is a short game.

Graphics and sound 9/10
The graphics of this game were very good. As I said before this game is cute so all the characters and monsters are well cute. The game has almost a coloring book appearance to it. The sound is nicely done, so with it being a game based around music it makes sense to have good background music in it. There is always a cute background theme to match the cute little characters.

Final opinion
Overall, I think that this a very fun game. It may be short but it is still worth the time. The only problem with the game being Japanese you probably don't know what the text says, but that is OK because there is only a little bit of text anyways. I would say get this game if you: like platformers, cute little anime adventure games, or just a good way to spend about half a day enjoy a great game. Well, happy gaming.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/01/08

Game Release: DoReMi Fantasy: Milon no DokiDoki Daibouken (JP, 03/22/96)