Review by cancerbubble22

"Complete waste of time and money."

Based on the movie of the same name, Batman Forever was the last Batman release on the SNES and also the worst. Why? Read to find out.

Story ?/10 I haven't seen the movie in a really long time, so for the life of me I cannot remember.

Graphics 3/10 Not that bad, but foreground objects tend to block you and not allow you to see whats going on, ending up with lots of cheap shots. Not to mention everything looks dark and murky as well. Character models all look generic and bland, they reuse the same enemy models in every level. Batman looks messed up and blurry.

Controls 1/10 What happened here? You have a punch, a kick, a special weapon, and your grappling hook. You may notice that the controls bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain fighting game that was made by the same company. Why? Last I checked this was a platform game, not a fighting game. Not to mention, they are extremely cryptic, for example: in order to make your grappling hook shoot straight up you need to hold Select and R, not at the same time but R needs to be pressed SLIGHTLY before Select. Now let me tell you, when I played this 15 years years ago, it took 2 hours to figure that out. Also in 15 years I also never figured out how to use your special weapon.

Gameplay 1/10 I don't know what genius decided that making a hybrid fighting/platform game was a good idea. Your attacks have a pathetically short range, resulting in you getting trashed by the first couple enemies. Not to mention everything is cryptic, Its very difficult to tell where you can use your grappling hook or drop down, usually not having any indication that you can do so. They give you "clues" that are supposed to help you out but they are confusing as hell and don't make any sense.

Music 1/10 Unmemorable and not very well done at all. All of it sounds the same and is very repetitive.

Sound 1/10 The punch and kick sounds really weird and sound the same every time you hit someone. Also the enemies make a really ridiculous sounding grunt when they are punched.

Verdict: STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY. Not worth the $2 that this game is worth. The awful controls and the bad gameplay and, awful music make this a bad stain on the SNES library.
Final Score 1/10

Reviewer's Score: 1/10 | Originally Posted: 11/27/12

Game Release: Batman Forever (US, 08/31/95)