Review by NYK

"Save Your Money"

Batman Forever for the Super Nintendo isn't anyway near the category of ''good''. It is pretty bad. Let me explain to you how.

CONTROLS- 6/10

Usually I give this category a 10 out of 10. Well not in this game. It's not very easy to do the ''special'' moves. For example, I read up and figure out how to do this chainsaw move with Thug 1. I play practice mode, and I can do it. I try it again, it doesn't work. Also, some moves you know what buttons to press but you just can't do the move. It's quite annoying.

GAMEPLAY- 4/10

The game play is the biggest part of a game, any game. In this game it's just a disgrace. Sadly, the best part of this game is the Practice Mode. Yes, it is true, the PRACTICE MODE. The Story Mode, the only other mode, tires you out in a span of an hour. And at the start of the story mode, you have to watch that annoying cutscene thing (it's not even a cutscene) that takes a few minutes. The Practice mode provides a certain amount of entertainment. After a while it also gets boring. That is pretty much all the game play. Practice Mode and the extremely boring story mode.

GRAPHICS- 8/10

The graphics actually weren't too horrible. If you gave this game a make over, I would need to change the graphics. Graphics don't make a game great though, so this shouldn't make you want to buy this game.

SOUND- 6/10

The sound could have been better. When someone gets knocked it, they just make this little grunting noise. Not a great job. 6 out of 10.

REPLAY VALUE- 4/10

The replay value is the second biggest factor in a game's rating, next to game play of course. You definitely aren't going to play the story mode again. Actually, you won't even play it the first time around. The practice mode can only last for so long. I mean it is a Practice Mode.

BUY or RENT

I would say neither. Good luck find a place to rent SNES games. Buy? If I were you, I wouldn't. This game's not worth the money.

OVERALL- 4/10

I give this a 4 out of 10. The only positive thing about this game is the graphics. The Story mode is a major disappointment, and saying the practice mode is better than the story mode is pretty sad. I didn't like the movie, and I don't really like this game. That's all there is to say.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 01/22/03, Updated 01/22/03