Review by Rasmitherino

"Worst. Game. EVER."

When I was rather young, back in 1995, I saw the Batman Forever film. Today, I see it as a decent superhero movie. But shortly after seeing the movie, I heard about the game, asked for it on my birthday, and got it. When I popped the cartridge into my Super NES, I couldn't play it. The gameplay and the controls were so hacked up beyond playability that I shelved it for years. I recently found it, forgetting how purely awful it was. What did I think years later? On to the review.......

Graphics: Ugh. Just ugh. This game looks very dark, all of the character models look like overweight couch potatoes, and all of the movements look jerky. You can fix the brightness issue by turning up the brightness on your TV, but doing so reveals the horrendously ugly textures hidden within the evil darkness. Ugh.
Overall Score: 2

Sound: Repetitive music and weird, unfitting sound effects finish off this category.
Overall Score: 2

Controls: This game sits right next to Superman 64 as far as how unresponsive the controls are. Everything feels sticky and unresponsive. The buttons are laid out well, but that isn't going to save this category.
Overall Score: 1

Gameplay: Oh my god, this has to be the worst game ever. Batman is absolutely useless, and Robin isn't much better. The story mode will just aggravate you all the way to hell. The practice mode is just a waste of time. But this is what gets me: This is the only cartridge I have ever known in existence that contains loading times. Loading times.....ON A CARTRIDGE?!?!? Seriously, in between levels (and sometimes during the middle of a level), a black screen will come up that says "Hold On"! Add to that claim special moves that are impossible to pull off and gadgets that you are never allowed to use, and this category is done for.
Overall Score: 0

Replay Value: The moment that loading screen ends, and when "The Real Game Begins", you will vow to your soul never to have it experience this destructive piece of material again.
Overall Score: 0

Bottom Line: Even the most diehard fans of Batman and his third movie entry should avoid this at all costs.

The Rundown: