Review by RAMS

"Not bad, but nothing special"

Introduction
Knights of the round table was a game released by Capcom in 1994. It was based on the myth of King Arthur and the Knights of the round table. While this game might not be the best of its kind for SNES, nevertheless the game is one of the better Action games for SNES despite its mediocrity.

Storyline
The storyline is average. There isn't enough emphasis to develop the plot. Most of King Arthur fans will feel that the storyline a letdown, as it does not really capture the whole myth of King Arthur.

One of the storyline is also too far-fetched compared to stories about King Arthur in mythology.

Certainly, this is an area where the game could be improved on. The lack of solid storyline is truly one of the shortcoming of this game.

Graphics
All I can say, the graphics surpassed my expectation. Details were captured vividly enough. the characters armors are done in a detailed manner. The backgrounds are also not too bad.

Sound
The music tend to be a little bit repetitive sometime, but it doesn't transcend to a point where you want to smash your controller onto the TV screen. The sound effect are sufficient to give the game a little piece of realism.

Gameplay
What the game is lacking, was made up by its unique gameplay. Different with other beat' em up games, this games allow your character to level up in which you'll be able to gain a stronger weapon and armor. This in turn will boost up your defense and attack.

This system is unique, as it will force you to split the enemy evenly during a two player mode.

There are three characters in the game, King Arthur, Lancelot and Percival. Quite disappointing I would say, as it might left out some of the fans favorite.

Replay Value
To be honest, there aren't any element of replay value in this game. The most you can do will be to play in a harder level which isn't really an interesting task in my opinion.

It would enhance the replay value if only you could unlock more characters or even playing against different enemies.

Conclusion
A decent beat' em up games. While it has its shortcomings, the lack of it was sufficiently made up by its unique and superior gameplay. The lack of playable characters is also one of the downfall of this game.

Score:
Storyline: 4/10
Music: 6/10
Replay Value: 4/10

Total: 6/10

To buy or To rent
I would recommend neither. The game is mediocre, and if you really want to try the game, then rent the game.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 02/21/03, Updated 02/21/03