Missing Shovel?

1. You know how you're supposed to get the shovel from that pig kid guy in the Dark World? Well, I got it from him, and apparantly I'm supposed to be able to keep it. When I got the flute and played it for the guy, however, upon looking at my inventory shortly afterwards, I noticed that the shovel was missing from my inventory. I'm only on the 3rd Dark World temple, so please tell me: Will I need the shovel? Is there an alternate way to obtain one? Will I miss out on any Heart Pieces or secret caves or anything like that? Please help me!

User Info: tyranitaronweed

tyranitaronweed - 6 years ago

1. Once you obtain the flute, the flute replaces the shovel in your inventory and you cannot get it back. However, obtaining the flute is the only major purpose for the shovel, so you will not need it for anything important. The shovel can also be used to dig holes anywhere where there's grass, but I never found anything special by doing that.

If you want, there is a digging game in the dark world, south of the town and in the same spot as the timed maze. You pay 80 rupies and the guy loans you a shovel to dig for treasure for 30 seconds. You can't take it out of the game area, but you can get quite a good haul of rupies while you're in there, and there's a heart piece in there too.

User Info: cr1985

cr1985 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0

1. You keep the shovel in the GBA version, but not the SNES version.

User Info: TyVulpine

TyVulpine (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. And no, you won't need the shovel to dig up any Heart Pieces (outside the digging game). But the digging game is fast way to build up your Rupee collection. You can easily get 100+ Rupees per session.

User Info: TyVulpine

TyVulpine (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0

Question Status
Shovel? Answered
Should get Alttp or Link's Awakening? Answered
Bee shop? Answered
Super bomb spots? Answered
How do i open the doors ? Answered