Question from tyranitaronweed

Missing Shovel?

You know how you're supposed to get the shovel from that pig kid guy in the Dark World? Well, I got it from him, and apparantly I'm supposed to be able to keep it. When I got the flute and played it for the guy, however, upon looking at my inventory shortly afterwards, I noticed that the shovel was missing from my inventory. I'm only on the 3rd Dark World temple, so please tell me: Will I need the shovel? Is there an alternate way to obtain one? Will I miss out on any Heart Pieces or secret caves or anything like that? Please help me!

cr1985 answered:

Once you obtain the flute, the flute replaces the shovel in your inventory and you cannot get it back. However, obtaining the flute is the only major purpose for the shovel, so you will not need it for anything important. The shovel can also be used to dig holes anywhere where there's grass, but I never found anything special by doing that.

If you want, there is a digging game in the dark world, south of the town and in the same spot as the timed maze. You pay 80 rupies and the guy loans you a shovel to dig for treasure for 30 seconds. You can't take it out of the game area, but you can get quite a good haul of rupies while you're in there, and there's a heart piece in there too.
0 0

Answers

TTF answered:

You keep the shovel in the GBA version, but not the SNES version.
0 0

TTF answered:

And no, you won't need the shovel to dig up any Heart Pieces (outside the digging game). But the digging game is fast way to build up your Rupee collection. You can easily get 100+ Rupees per session.
0 0

Shovel? Answered tyranitaronweed
How do I beat trinexx? Answered 666dog
I'm trying to lower water level in swamp palace to get to the boss? Answered 666dog
Where can I find a small key? Answered dhigaw
Stuck at Ice Palace after defeating boss? Answered Billtommo