Review by Justinakacube

"One of the best if not THE best Zelda games"

Intro
The very first Legend of Zelda game that I played. (Never got around to getting it on NES.) In 1995, I got this game and it had me hooked on games even more since Super Mario Bros. I loved it back then and I love all over again on the Virtual Console. I was glad I got this game and if you missed it the other times DON'T miss it this time.

Gameplay
The classic over the top view is back and works like a charm. The game plays pretty much like every other Zelda game with the dungeons and heart collecting. It adds new elements to the story of the original while staying true to the Zelda atmosphere. The collecting items and heart pieces is here along with dungeon exploring and puzzle solving. Controlling Link is as easy as it ever was. Swinging the sword is good and to do a devastating spin attack you just hold down the attack button.

Graphics
At the time this game came out these were some of the best graphics and they still look ok today. The animations are pretty good and the forest looks the best to me. The water when you are swimming moves pretty realistically. I like the way it looks and the graphics aged good.

Sound
I like the sounds of Zelda especially the overworld theme. The light and dark world themes vary greatly, and every sound changes. The classic chest opening sound is here to stay. The sound changes to fit the atmosphere and the changes from light to dark is great.

Final Word
This is one of the best if not the best Zelda games ever created. It was topped by OOT and TP only. This game is just the best it can be, and plays very well and is a treat to anyone's Virtual Console collections. I think I will buy it if I see it again.

Final Grade
Gameplay 10/10 The gameplay was great then and still is
Graphics 8/10 Good for the time and have aged ok
Sounds 10/10 Best sounds of Zelda are all here

This game is a must even if you have beat it a million times.
10/10