Review by Maester_Link

"Amazing Rendition."

I remember this game when it first came out. It broke many rules and was quite simply, amazing. This was the first Zelda game to provide a beefy story line. As opposed to the other 8-Bit games where you were left in the dark. On that note lets get started.

Story 10/10
This games story was the first Zelda game to actually have a deep story line. The story between the Dark Realm and the Light World, grabs the player in the game even more, and makes you want to play over and over again. This games story captivates the player, and you simply can't get enough.

Gameplay 9/10
Some frustrating parts, and maybe only one bad floor of a dungeon is the only thing to complain about here. The gameplay is simply amazing. Running, walking, killing, what more could you want in a classic Zelda game? Not at all is it perfect though, some *extremely* frustrating parts, but all in all, great. What I like the most about this particular VC game is that Nintendo used the original SNES port. Meaning that they didn't touch it in anyway. In the old GBA version they changed a few rooms around in the Ice Cavern, but in the VC Wii game, nothing was changed at all.

Graphics 9/10
Upgrade! Watching this game compared to the original Zelda it's amazing how Nintendo has evolved. This game makes it look like you could be there, getting more realistic as it progresses. Now there is 3-D. But imagining where there is none, it is compelling to see that this game can look so nice.

Sound 7/10
Some parts of the sound on the game could get to be redundant. I think that all in all it's pretty darn good though. It doesn't take for an amazing gaming experience, but at the same time it doesn't make you say "Wow what were they thinking?" The classic Zelda chime when you complete a puzzle, is starting something. But the music doesn't make it feel as though you could be there, in that world.

Control 9/10
You can use the good ol' classic controller that Nintendo made for specifically for VC games such as this. They did a pretty good job here, makes me feel as though I am playing on the original SNES. Can't use the wireless Wii remote though, but still it is nice. Now talking about control in the actual game, it is simple enough. Simple means better in my mind. Attack or use other weapon, and lifting things occasionally. Nice.

Replay Value 8/10
I can't go more than 3 months without doing a run on this game. But that is just me and my fanboy bias on Zelda games. There is no second quest, or hidden things to do after you complete this game. But if you are a big Zelda fan, you could appreciate playing this game over and over again. It is just that fun.

Play Time 10/10
I particularly enjoy the play time of this game. It takes a while to beat your first time and it isn't too long or too short. It is just right. 11 dungeons, and a boat load of side quests can make it pretty lengthy, or short if you decided to get right too the story line. But in general it's perfect.

Overall 9/10
This game is simply amazing. Nintendo did a great job recreating it on the Wii by actually doing nothing new. If you are a fan of Zelda then you probably already know this, but it started a lot of things with the Zelda franchise. Get this amazing game, Nintendo is giving you another chance to play it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/01/07