Review by Calamity

"My favorite Zelda."

The Legend Of Zelda:A Link to the Past is a amazing game for the SNES. It was the third Zelda game in the series made. The game still to this day is amazing and compared to the first Zelda it's a major step up. This review is dedicated to my friend who's Gamefaqs username is BenhTheMan who is a major Zelda fan. So, with that said onto the review.

Graphics:10/10:Zelda A Link To The Past has some of the most impressive Graphics seen on the SNES. To start off, areas are nicely designed and Link looks great. As you leave your uncle's house in the beginning you'll notice it begins raining. The raining effect is absolutely beautiful. I mean I really can't say anything much else besides, it's excellent. Overall amazing Graphics.

Gameplay:10/10:Zelda A Link To The Past is what you would expect from Zelda. You'll be going from dungeon to dungeon. Going through rooms and solving puzzles using tools. The dungeons have a great difficulty balance. Starting off terribly easy and getting much harder as the game goes on. It never really got hard enough to the point where I had to use a guide. Sure, a few parts stumped me for a hour or two, but I eventually figured them out with some smart thinking. Combat is done the same typical way as well.

You'll simply have Link slashing the enemy or using a tool the enemy is weak against, but Nintendo made the combat more involving. For example some enemies when hit will bounce around the room in order to make killing them more hard. Some will require that you actually shoot a arrow at them, but as you do they copy your move. So you have to plan out how your going to fire the arrow at the enemy and dodge their arrow. Boss fights are still as involving as ever. Use the certain tool and predict the bosses attack. Attack them when you can and dodge their projectiles and attacks. Most of the bosses are fairly challenging and a few are extremely hard. Overall the Gameplay in Zelda Link To The Past is near perfect. The game has a great difficulty balance without ever getting too hard. Combat is quick and effective. Also, simple to understand and execute.

Music:10/10:I never understood why the composer for this game never got any recognition. Anyways, the composer of Link To The Past did a excellent job. All of the Music in the game is great and I really love the Hyrule Castle dungeon Music.

Overall:10/10:Zelda Link To The Past is still a excellent game It's a lot of fun, and has a good difficulty balance. The Graphics in it are superb. As for the Music, it's excellent. Not the very best, but it's one of the very best soundtracks from a game overall. Overall you just cannot go wrong with Zelda A Link To The Past. So, it gets a 10/10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/08/08

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (US, 04/13/92)