Review by Doomion33

"There are no words for this"

This game is one of the greatest games of all time. I don't hand out 10/10 reviews, the games earn them. On to the review.

Story: A boy named Link, whose name can be changed, is contacted telepathically by Princess Zelda. She needs help, so you rush out to do so. You run into the sewers to find your uncle mortally injured. You rush to help Zelda, and you're confronted by a Ball and Chain Trooper. After your victory, you and Zelda rush to a sanctuary, where you are told to discover Sahasrahla, a wise old man who will help you defeat Agahnim, a sorcerer who is ruining Hyrule. After receiving the three Pendants, you take the Master Sword from its pedestal. After a lengthy duel with Agahnim, you are teleported to the Dark World, where you must confront Agahnim and his shadowy leader, Ganon. Once again, you're saving Zelda. But this game manages to take a recycled story and make it even better than before. 10/10

Controls: Truth be told, I don't know the SNES controller's button scheme for this game. I hope the Classic Controller was an accurate button mirror. "A" interacts with people, chooses options and charges once you have the Pegasus Boots. "B" swings your sword, cancels options, and allows you to charge up a spin attack. "X" brings up the World Map and Dungeon Map. "Y" uses a selected item. Start pauses the game and allows you to choose the item you want. Select brings up the Save option, and the D-Pad moves Link wherever you decide to press. No problems here. 10/10

Graphics: The graphics for this game are crisp and refreshing. Link looks good, enemies look great, and mountains and fields and the like look awesome. Overall, very good graphics. Some people might clamor for a remake of this game with "Twilight Princess" graphics. Why not remake "Twilight Princess" with these graphics? 10/10

Sounds: The sounds and music for this game are some of the best in the series. The music, no matter where you are in the game, is always perfect and ends up getting stuck in your head for quite awhile. Using items makes a distinct sound, the Hammer makes a muffled thump noise, the Hookshot makes a pleasing rattle, and the Flute, which looks like the Ocarina from Ocarina of Time, makes a nice little tune. 10/10

Overall: This game placed fourth in the latest Best Game Ever contest on Gamefaqs. It earned its place, even though it is far better than the winner, Ocarina of Time. For those who have the Rent/Buy question, I would buy the game, mostly because I have no idea where you could rent this. This game easily deserves the perfect rating, the ever elusive Ten out of Ten.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/10/09

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (US, 04/13/92)