Review by ZeldaGuy

"One of the Greatest Games I Have Ever Played!"

When it comes to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past I feel lightheaded because It Is one of my all time favorite games. You will love this game no matter who you are or what type of games you like. Every aspect of this game is near perfect, and after you read my review phrasing this game, you will feel like it is your most favorite game too. My scoring for this game is as followed:

GRAPHICS:10

These were some awesome graphics I tell you for the year this was made. Absolutely unbelievable If you ask me. I was blown away and I remember the first time I played this game. I was only 6 or 7 years old, and I was still amazed. Wow, simply wow. People who have never played this game before and played it now would not agree with me but I'm old school at I loved them.

SOUND:10

You have the classic songs you have learned to love from Zelda on this game. Excellent songs await you in this game, and it deserves a soundtrack. You will notice songs you hear in this game, and these songs are from this classic game. Also in this game are sound effects such as when Link charges up his sword you hear it. When Link's sword slashes, you hear it. When pot's hit the floor you hear it break. Very good sound effects. I was impressed to say the least.

GAMEPLAY:10

Very easy game to learn how to play. Like I said, I was 6 or 7 playing this game for the first time and had absolutely no problems. For me being 16 now, and still playing this game without any problems, anyone can play it. It was my first ever RPG and is in my Top 5 because it is very easy to get the hang of and it's not to hard to learn. Pressing the A button swings the sword, and you can also equip other items and use them with a simple pressing of a button. Everything in this game is very straight forward, and you should love it it! Dungeons have maps in them to explore easier, you get keys to open chests, and doors. It's everything you would imagine in a game like this, and it makes it that much easier. Just remember the basic techniques of an action RPG like this one.

STORY:10

Very interesting story this is. The evil sorcerer(I will reveal absolutely no spoilers)takes the 7 maidens of the land of Hyrule and sends them in crystals to somewhere unknown. Princess Zelda then contacts a young boy named Link to try and save her at the castle. You will start the game rescuing her, and will send her to a Sanctuary for awhile. Your next goal is to get the Master Sword to defeat evil, but there are other goals in your way! Want to know the rest of the story? Play the game and find it the interesting tale of this game!

CHALLENGE:8

It's not that hard of a game, and with a little bit of practice, someone could master this game easily. I thought this game was fine challenge wise at that young age I was at when I first played through this game. The main thing you must do in this game to make it enjoyable, it sit back, relax. and have a blast! Take dungeons slow, and find weaknesses to enemies. That is the main thing you need to know in order to succeed in this game.

REPLAY:10

Something about this game beckons you back for more. You will play this game more than once If you liked it the first time most likely. I have played through this game 20 times at least, and I'm sure before I die I will play it another 20 times. I never get bored of It at all and most likely never will.

BUY/RENT?BUY!!

This game is very rare, and extremely hard to find nowadays. Get your hands on one as fast as you can before there are none left. This game has been out of production for some while so getting it used is the only way to go. Any price under $50 is a deal for this game. No rent, just buy it if you ever see it!

OVERALL:10

This is the best Zelda game in the series coming close with The Ocarina of Time. While I like them about the same, the originality of this game gives it a little more of a nudge over Ocarina of Time. As you can see by my name, Zelda is one of my favorite games of all time, and the Zelda series still hangs tough with the likes of Final Fantasy. If you ever get your hands on this game, you should be happy because you now own one of the greatest games of all time!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/18/01, Updated 08/18/01