Review by LJones

"I have only one word: Flawless"

As I said before, I have only one word to describe this game: Flawless.I have never seen a game that comes close to it's impeccable nature, nor to it's strong storyline that keeps you guessing: what happens next?And it isn't all about one big quest, instead, you guadually build up to what your main objective was all along: saving the triforce and restoring peace to Hyrule.The graphics- at least for an SNES game- are flawless. There are no glitches, and the characters move smoothly.Even if you have gotten every item, scourenged up every hear piece, and gotten all the shields and mails, you'll play it again and again, hungry to relive your favorite moments of the game.I have only one thing to say about the sound: it's perfection. You can hear every note, clear and sharp, just as if you were hearing it live,as it was meant to be heard.Never have I seen a game so...brilliant in all areas.If you turn off the game for even a SECOND, you'll be shot with curiousity, hungry for more.I have to asy, if THIS isn't the best video game of all time, then what is?

Storyline: 10/10

Never have I seen a game- not even Zelda 64- that delivers such a clear message.The game starts off immediately with a quest: Save the princess Zelda. You start to wonder, who IS this mysterious Zelda?And as you venture deeper into the game's many mysteries,the storyline keeps on changing and changing, until you find your true destiny: to find the Triforce and free Hyrule from Ganondorf's evil.The game gradually builds up to the ultimate quest, instead of telling you at the begging.How boring could that get? As soon as you know the true meaning of the quest, you'll probably pull the plug on the game, which most likely, will be at the begging.But not with THIS Zelda.This storyline is like a bend in the road, forever twisting and changing.

The gamers want good graphics- GREAT graphics- and this game delivers.you can see every little detail, clear and sharp, as if you were really living it.And unlike other games, you don't jump with button support- the character Link < or whatever you named him> jumps on his own, and you can actually see his shadow before it falls, making it look very realistic. Some of the cinematic sequences are just amazing, and the ending of the game isn't just a scroll of text- it's a BURST of pictures, making the ending abseloutely fantastic, making you want to play it over and over again, just to see that final moment. Or mabye your favorite moment would be when you can see Link's face , or when a maiden talks to you from the crystal.Everything is worth that moment,so don't let it go to waste- take time of LOOK at it!

Control: 9/10

This is where the game's ratings go down- but only slightly.It IS kinda hard to fit only one item in the box, especially when you get up to the big bosses .Say, mabye you want to use the magic cape and ice rod at the same time- you wouldn't be able to, which really sucks, especially on the boss of the 7th level.

YES! YES! FINALLY A GAME WHERE WE GEET GOOD SOUND!!!Excuse me for yelling, but I just couldn't help it. I just HAD to tell you how good the sound effects and the music is!You can hear the sword swinging clearly,and EVERY area has a different type of mucis!Personally, I like the music in Ganon's Tower the best.You can hear EVERY note, sharp and clear, and not a sound is wasted.The boss music installs genuine fear into your veins, and gives you the rush of adrenileine you've been looking for.Don't miss out on this game another second!

Replay Value: 14/10

Yes, I'm telling ya, from experience, you WILL want to play this game again and again, as you want to see your favorite moments over and over again, cherishing the memories of your first boss victory, or the first time you heard Zelda talk to you, or your first Big Key: My three file foldeers were filled up in no time, and I had to erase some older ones to create newer ones! All in all, this IS the greates game that was ever made!

Yes, yes yes- the live action, the dramatic cinematic sequences- it's all good. And best of all, it's not too hard, and not too easy, perfect for all ages. I stress you to go out and buy this game this very second! Don't listen to my yebber anymore! Get out there and buy that game!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 01/13/01