Review by Eje12345

"Mario Teaches Basic Skills"

Introduction
I first saw this game when it was given to my little brother as a gift. I'm not grading this game purely on entertainment. But I'm going to grade it on doing it's job, which is to entertain and educate little children. And I'd say it does a pretty good job of doing that. Read on.

Concept
In this game, you can play as either Mario, Princess Peach, or Yoshi!! I thought that was really nice, even though it doesn't effect the gameplay very much. You go to different ''worlds'' where you play various games. In one world, it will tell you ''Click on the Square'' and then you do it. There are around 5 or 6 worlds, like Opposite World, and Shape World. Each world has a game with different ideas behind them. When you do something right (or wrong), a voice will speak out what happened.

Gameplay = 8/10

Controls
The controls in this game are alright, but could have been better. For example, to move the little cursor around the screen, you use the D-Pad. Easy right? Wrong. The cursor moves very slow. It tends to get frustrating if you know what to do but you have to wait 3 minutes to click on the right shape because the cursor is moving across the screen.

Controls = 6/10

Audio
I was pretty impressed with the sounds in this game. One big (but understandable) problem: the voice that speaks, talks a bit like Captain Kirk. Example : ''Let's....Go...to...Opp.o.ssite...World''
It can get really annoying. The background music in this game is fairly good. I like how there are sound effects from various Mario games in this game also. It just makes this a better game.

Sound = 8/10

Visuals
I like the way this game looks. There are cameos from various Mario games, like Goombas,Luigi,and many others. It's just nice to have an educational game that has a Mario feel to it. The colors are bright and vibrant, and the game has a happy look to it. I like it. There isn't much room for improvement in the graphics section.

Graphics = 8/10

Pros/Cons
Let's look at what I've just stated, but in a nutshell.
Pros
+Mario characters
+Some sounds
+Graphics
+Cameos
Cons
-Slow voice
-Slow cursor

Conclusion
In closing, I'm gonna say that I was very impressed with this game. It is very good for kids that like a little bit of education in their entertainment. And this game does a good job of providing them with that. Mario should have been my kindergarten teacher.

Overall = 7/10