Review by Bashe

"Suite..."

When I was young, I used to rent Mega Man X all the time. I was always thrilled with the game. I really liked it. It was one of my favorite SNES games. Then, one day, Mega Man X2 came out. I thought I'd give it a good try. I rented it, and I was pleased with the results. Although it's not as good as X1, I still love the game like a brother, except closer (I take off my shirt and we are connected. A scream is heard). No seriously, we are that close to each other. This game is that good.

It has been 6 months since the destruction of Sigma, and little has changed. All the little reploids are still floating around, building bad stuff for bad purposes. Of course, X will come and beat the crap out of everyone. He is also on his way to try to rebuild Zero, his best friend. There are also 3 other mavericks out to get Mega Man X. Mega Man X is out to kick some booty once again in this action packed game. It's a pretty good advancement in the X series.

As I said before, little has changed. You run around, looking for upgrades, along with destroying NEW reploids (the only MMX returner would be the bats). New bosses, too. So you still runs around, looking for hi-tech easter eggs, destroying reploids and bosses for their powers to use on the next one. It may sound boring, but the Mega Man X touch makes this game one of a kind. There are also 3 optional bosses you can fight. If you beat them all, you can save Zero, but I won't spoil it anymore now.

Great! They have new technology for this game. A C4 chip allows them to make kind of 3D graphics (wireframes and stuff). if you notice, that backgrounds also move on their own background. Huh? What did I say? Oh well, the game looks awesome. The only thing that's weird is that the bosses blow up with blue explosions. Why did they do that? Oh well, this is Capcom we're talking about. The graphics will leave you in awe.

Essentially unchanged. If you have good powers of observation, you'll notice the explosion sound is different. There are some new sounds, too. They are pretty noteworthy.

Music: 8/10
The music is SO TOTALLY not as good as the original, but most of the tunes are pretty catchy, especially that password theme! The music is what you would expect in Mega Man X. Great, but not the original. Still, you will like it if you liked the original's.

Controls: 10/10
Essentially unchanged. Y shoots, B jumps, A dashes, L and R picks your power, ect.

Longevity: 5/10
Be warned, this game is a little short. Only 8 bosses (3 optional ones) and 5 stages of a final fort. It might be too short for people looking for a long lasting game, but the replay value is nearly infinite. You can challenge yourself over and over if you like. Otherwise, it's a little short.

Do you want this game?
Yes! This game is very cool and stuff! If you see the original though, get that, and then this. The original rocked. But this is a game well worth the money, although its a TAD short.

Overall:
This game is a great sequel to a rockin' game! This game will be remembered by fans of the series forever. If you like Mega Man X, get this with quickness. Mega Man X rocks! It rocks it rocks it rocks it rocks it rocks it rocks it ROCKS!!!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/15/03