Review by J J N

"Great translation from tv to game!"

Introduction

The power rangers telelvision series is a ever popular 'power' martial arts who morph into super fighting heroes. Don't believe me? It's running on many seasons now on Fox Kids. Back then, they released a power rangers game for all the raging fanboys and fangirls out there to play. You get to select you favourite characters in this gane such as the red, blue, yellow, and black. All of them is in the game for you to morph and play.

It is an adventure game with a power rangers theme that you wouldn't forget because it has good graphic and great music for you to listen to.

Game play

The game play of this game is good. You move your martial arts character around in the game who knows martial arts to defeat the bad guys. You select the character and the character themsheleves actually have a distinct set of martial art moves in which you use to plow your way through the game and defeat the enemies in the game. You're not always the regular JOe and Jane when you're playing this game. You eventually get to morph into a mighty power rangers during the middle of any given stage. When you transform, you get to change you attire and you have your weapons really for you. And you also have this special ability when you can kill all the enemies in the screen with this one 'special' time bomb or something. This should be use sparingly. That's basically it.

The enemies in the game is baddie ninjas - just like in the tv shows. They're actually smart AIs; they will punch and kick you and try to perform different sets of moves on you. For exampole, sometimes they'll have a knife in which they try to crouch and poke you with it instead of standing and punching. This will cause you to jump and kick the ninja to kill it, instead of your regular punch because you'll get harm if you do.

For the most part of the game you'll be punching and kicking and throwing your opponent. That is it. There is very little time in the game in which you're require to jump alot or doge any thing. It is mostly straight forward puunching and kicking and advancing throught the levels.

Graphic

The graphics for this game is good. I acutally like it because it looks like the power rangers in the tv show. The animation in the game is fluid and solid colors and textures. I mean, what more can you ask for in this game? The graphics is good.

What I like for this game is that the characters design is greatly accurate to the television show. You got your bad guys who are designed like the television show.

The level design for this game is terrific. You fight in the streets, the factories, in the sewers and a whole bunch of over places; the environment setting is well done and that there is nothing to complain about.

Conclusion

Power ranger's first game is for the SNES console and the devlopers did a good job on it; they provided us, the gamers, with good graphics, game play and music for the game (power rangers theme song!)

I'm very gald that this isn't just another horrible tv/movie translation to a video game. :)

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/16/03