Review by infectedElf

"Really for Power Ranger fans......"

When I first picked up this game for the Super Famicom (NES, whatever), I figured that it would be just like the one for the Sega Genesis, which I had played years and years ago. Well, it wasn't. In fact, after watching the movie, I rented the Genesis one, and it was pretty true to the story, if I remember correctly. This SFC version isn't anything like the movie, as far as I can tell.

Story

Typical story here. The Power Rangers are off to battle evil, and they go around beating up the putties (see I still remember these things, once being a hardcore Power Rangers fan), and then they beat up the evil bosses. Nothing special, but what do you expect from a beat 'em up, much less a Power Rangers one? Even the series didn't have that much of a story.
Story -- 4.0

Graphics

The graphics are good. The character and enemies sprites are big, and the backgrounds are nicely drawn. My only problem with the graphics is that when the people transform into Power Rangers, they all look exactly the same. This means that when the girls transform, they lose their breasts and suddenly gain much more muscle. So they look like guys dressed in pink, basically. Also, the Billy sprite looks really bad. I didn't think he was that geeky.
Graphics -- 7.5

Gameplay

The gameplay is okay, except for the two levels of fighting. It sort of bothered me at first, but not so much now. I like the snowboarding level, and I actually haven't seen any beat 'em ups that did something like that. Then again, I don't play many beat 'em ups.
Gameplay -- 9.0

Sound/Music

They did a pretty good job with the sounds in this game, although the music gets annoying after a while. That's all I'm going to say about that.
Sound/Music -- 6.5

Challenge

I suck at beat 'em ups, and I actually found this one pretty challenging. I couldn't beat it without using Game Genie codes, so I'm giving it a high challenge rating. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.
Challenge -- 9.5

Replayability

Not much replayability, as with most beat 'em ups (the only one I've ever played over and over again is Streets of Rage). Once you win, you win, and you don't wanna play through it again. That is, unless you're a hardcore Power Ranger fan.
Replayability -- 4.0

Buy or Rent?

Buy it if you're starting some kind of collection. Otherwise, rent it, if you can find a place that still rents out SFC games (our video rental place only rents out Playstation and N64 games... maybe Blockbuster rents out SFC games, but I doubt it.)

Story -- 4.0